• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSFreedom PS3 Hack Graces iPhone, iPod Touch

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
iphonepsgroove.jpg

Courtesy of homebrew developer NTAuthority, you can now use your iPhone and iPod Touch to hack the PS3. The PSFreedom codebase has been ported over, with one not-so-small caveat: it only works on 2G and 3G iPhone models and 1G revisions of the Touch.

Additionally, as this is considered a preliminary release, there's a little bit of manual labor involved in setting things up, as noted in the supplied readme[...]

Continue reading: PSFreedom PS3 Hack Graces iPhone, iPod Touch...

El Diablo

I just want one to come out for something I own already QQ :(.

Brad

Yoshimi
UPDATE: Our member CoadyJ has informed us that this is not a true port of the PSFreedom. CoadyJ: “This one is just a port of an android version, using iBoot to launch android to launch the hack.” A very hacky way to run this via the Ipod/Iphone. CoadyJ also mentions the following, “MuscleNerds hack will be a native iOS application.” So a true port to IPhone and IPod touch will still be coming by a coder by the name of MuscleNerds. Stay tuned!

Muscle Nerd is pretty well known so good luck to him.

rianchio23

come on android port...i'm still trying to compile the code for droid but it's a pain since im not a pro with linux lol hopefully it comes out soon lol but i'll keep trying

Hellcat

Contributor
Wow, can't wait for the MuscleNerd native iOS version :)

Just hope it doesn't require ios 4.x....

El Diablo

Does anyone know if the backup manager is working with the ipod version now? Also how can you tell what version and ipod is?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
im not sure about the backup manager, but this jailbreak only works with iphone 2g and 3g and ipod touch 1g.

Colm

Typical, I have an iTouch 2g. I might buy a cheap 1G though, my friend got one for €8 on ebay and recently picked up an iPhone, so I'm sure he'll be willing to re-sell...
Otherwise, I think I'll just pick up a teensy board.

El Diablo

I traded my bong to my friend for an old ipod touch 1g he had so I could do this, then I found out a couple days later something came out to be able to use ipod videos with it. Oh well, at least I finally "jailbroke" my ps3.

Brad

Yoshimi
I traded my bong to my friend for an old ipod touch 1g he had so I could do this, then I found out a couple days later something came out to be able to use ipod videos with it. Oh well, at least I finally "jailbroke" my ps3.

If you got a 5th Gen Video your better off going the rockbox(PSGROOVE) route imo. Easy booting back and forth between OS's and it currently supports Hermes v3 (Newest) which is used by all the new backup managers and clones.

El Diablo

Yeah I have a 5th gen I will end up putting it on but for now I'm happy with the touch and just being able to use it, just a shame I didn't realize the 5th gen could actually be used.