• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSN Now Accessible On Hacked PS3 Firmware 3.41

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ps3xmbpsnjailbreak.jpg

Chinese hackers have devised a workaround of sorts for those wanting to access PSN on a modified PS3 unit.

While security routines prevent anyone with an earlier firmware than the current required from logging on PSN, this circumvents that through a custom payload.

As of writing, compatibility is limited to PS3Yes! dongles, but there's little doubt that ports will soon emerge for the wide range of USB devices that support PS3Jailbreak and its derivatives.

It remains to be seen how Sony will respond[...]

Continue reading: PSN Now Accessible On Hacked PS3 Firmware 3.41...

El Diablo

Saw this on psx before, I really hope they find some way to get online and not get caught, I know the chances of it happening are slim to none and you will probably always get caught and banned. It would be nice to be able to access the store and download demos and DLC, not necessarily play on multiplayer.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
According to Mathieulh on twitter this is easily detected (no surprise there):

Tip for Sony, look for people connecting with submodel 3 but target id != 0x81 and have fun !

Muratcan

Saw this on psx before, I really hope they find some way to get online and not get caught, I know the chances of it happening are slim to none and you will probably always get caught and banned. It would be nice to be able to access the store and download demos and DLC, not necessarily play on multiplayer.
Spot on mate. I'm badly hoping for this to be ported to my USB Board before it gets patched as I want to buy Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light and FFVII! Unless Sony finds it in their heart to keep the Store accessible at least.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
It would be smart for Sony to let this go, at least for another week. Every thread I've read on this topic so far is people talking about they want to get on PSN so they can buy stuff. Hardly anyone wanting it for multiplayer.

Myself, I want to grab the lastest Tester episodes. Crappy reality TV is a guilty pleasure of mine

EDIT:
BTW, Here's my completed PSGroove device
9e3fbd0e51dbb592a249c3e11ec255e74e624db7.png

Complete with Green LED and USB Power plug