• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP-4000 To Include UMD Drive

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pspgouk.jpg

According to developer talk recounted by Edge at this year's Tokyo Game Show, Sony's next PSP iteration will include a UMD drive, despite the company's renewed focus on digital distribution. It was originally assumed by many that the PSPgo was Sony's first step towards moving to a digital only platform but recent murmurs out of Tokyo suggest that this is not the case.

Specifically, Edge says several prominent developers remain "convinced" that UMD will play a leading role going forward, with digital taking the backseat for the foreseeable future. This, coupled with the fact that Sony is not mandating that third-party studios release titles digitally leads us to believe that the day when physical based media is fully abandoned in the portable space isn't coming anytime soon.

PSP-4000 To Support UMD? [Edge]

cory1492

Way to notice the strategy of selling the same thing to the same people over and over again... while doing anything (except for a real hardware refresh) to keep the price at or above $200 :p

Is there anyone else getting tired of the Whinny the Pooh drama this is shaping up to be? (Rinse and repeat yearly)
-analyst speculation
-official denial
@launch party for officially denied product 10 months later:
{enter tigger} whoohoo, we launched the PSP xxyy+1!
{enter Eeyore} ahh-gaaain.
{tigger} but it's entirely different because they say so and and a whole $50 more!
{enter Pooh (in pirate suit)} good gosh, can it be hacked? Where's my munny?

The moral: Don't be a poo XD

d1ddy

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
me too . this one will probly cost more than a pstriple now :(

KingPepper

<p>They are only making newer models of PSP to combat piracy problems, as the PSP3000 is very close to being completely cracked, so release a PSP4000 with tons more layers of security, well that's my opinion anyway.
As if the PSP3000 and PSP Go get hacked fully, then the software developers will forget the PSP in droves, and we will not have any new AAA titles to look forward to. :eek:(</p>