• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Firmware 3.96 Included On Hot Shots Golf 2 UMD Disc

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Over at our partner site LAN.ST, Mathieulh has discovered that a firmware 3.96 update is included on the recently released UMD disc title Hot Shots Golf 2. It's unclear why Sony chose not to officially release the update, but according to reports, the firmware does not include any new features, with the official changelog simply listing expanded support for PlayStation Network titles -- an all too familiar change.

More than likely, this is a compatibility update for Hot Shots Golf 2, which would explain why Sony has not bothered to release the firmware through Network Update.

A 3.96 update in Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 !? [LAN.ST]

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
My opinion is that it's sony trying to take advantage that there is no new M33 firmware as of yet. Basically put out a title that people would want to play and force them to upgrade to play it.

Richlando

<p>It works.</p> It only requires the upgrade if you are below 380..odd though.Why go all the way up to 396 if 380 is the required firmware.

I made this as well from my umd:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
They always do that. It's like Crisis Core "requiring" 3.90, but it runs on like 3.80=)

Acerthief

It works.
It only requires the upgrade if you are below 380..odd though.Why go all the way up to 396 if 380 is the required firmware.

I made this as well from my umd:

They always do that. It's like Crisis Core "requiring" 3.90, but it runs on like 3.80=)

Bet it's for sercurity reasons. They just don't have the goddamn guts to say so.