• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Firmware 6.35 Adds Qriocity

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
musicunlimited.jpg

Update: Homebrewers, heed warning that this update patches the "Hot Shots Golf" exploit found in 6.35.

Sony announced today that PSP firmware 6.35 is now available. It's a minor update that preps the portable for Qriocity, a cloud-based music service that gives users instant on-demand access to "millions of songs" through an iTunes-esque interface. A XMB icon will appear under the Music category.

Additionally, Sony is updating its Media Go connectivity software with "enhancements to the user interface and advanced photo editing tools."

Given that the bulk of PSP updates throughout the past year have been issued primarily to patch up security holes, this is a nice break from the norm[...]

Continue reading: PSP Firmware 6.35 Adds Qriocity...

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
no i knew it would. i was referring to this:
x3sphere said:
Given that the bulk of PSP updates throughout the past year have been issued primarily to patch up security holes, this is a nice break from the norm.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
And this is what I was talking about when I said Sony has no idea what to do with the PSP.

End of story xD

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not surprised they patched it. What I meant was, it's the first update in a LONG time to come out with at least one redeeming feature.

Hellcat

Contributor
It'll fail just like GO-Messanger.

IMO it's just an excuse to finally get the security patch out.

And of course they still support the PSP, they still sell it....

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
It'll fail just like GO-Messanger.

IMO it's just an excuse to finally get the security patch out.

I agree that it will fail, but Sony has thrown out patch updates before with maybe a new music visualizer or something. Hopefully this "feature" will be able to be used in their next gen devices because it's pointless investing this much time in the PSP as it's obsolete by many services on many devices.

Deathrow

It's a last attempt to impress people that the PSP has cool software. Honestly, Sony keeps missing windows of opportunities and should have been more concerned with their software sales 4-5 years ago, when people were actually interested in the PSP. (Although I still play mine for 3-4 hours a day hehe).

angelsniper45

what hellcat said. I havent seen anyone go near a psp in a looooooooooooong time. And not to mention ive never even seen a go outside of the internet.