• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP Games Removed from 25 Percent of GameStop Stores

eXo

M for Messenger
GameStop.jpg

While the PSP may have been a great device with some outstanding games, it's no secret that it hasn't sold very well. Following the launch of the PlayStation Vita, the need for a PSP has dipped even further. As a result, 25 percent of all GameStop stores in the U.S. will no longer carry games for Sony's previous handheld.

The news comes courtesy of a GameStop rep, who told Kotaku, "The consolidation is occurring to maximize the merchandising space in the smallest 25 percent of stores. It will also provide a greater assortment in those stores that will continue to carry the category."

Gamers with an itch for tangible PSP games will still be able to obtain them through larger GameStop stores, as well as on the retailer's website[...]

Continue reading: PSP Games Removed from 25 Percent of GameStop Stores...

hush404

Come on Exo (and David) I thought you higher than that. You open with "While the PSP may have been a great device with some outstanding games, it's no secret that it hasn't sold very well", Yet it the system sits at over 70million units sold. Last time I checked, that wasn't a small number. Neither the PS3 nor 360 can claim to of sold that many units (yet).
Yes, the DS has sold more, but 70mill is hardly a number worthy of a system that "Didn't sell well". Hell, the gamecube and original xbox barely broke 20mill each... yet you don't hear "These systems didn't sell and weren't popular".
It makes sense that gamestop wants to start moving from the old into the new, but your opening is just grabbing.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Not to mention the fact that so many PSPs were sold just so they could be hacked and you could easily download games to it. Not everyone with a PSP bought games.

David Sanchez

@hush404: The first two sentences in that first paragraph echo my complete thought: After the Vita, PSP stopped selling, which is true.

hush404

@David: Very well, I'll accept that. But your first sentence seems disconnected to the second. In fact, after reading it again, I question why the first sentence even exists as the second conveys what you were trying to say without it's help.
@B2K24 & Robby: Of course that's the reason, that, however wasn't any part of the article and I wasn't arguing as such either.

David Sanchez

@hush404: I can see how it would appear that way. But keep in mind I said "HASN'T sold well" (implying a more recent time frame) not "DIDN'T sell well" (which would have definitely implied its entire time on the market). Because it did, but it hasn't.

hush404

Funny thing. I was in my local Ebgames (now owned by GS) and all of their PSP games were in a bin and marked down (some still full price, like Persona 2... which wasn't cool, but other titles were like $1.99-$6.99). The Vita had a dedicated section in it's place.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Not gonna cry over this, if I want physical I'll always take Amazon over anything else. And well if you're gonna buy PSP games though, you'd better do it digitally anyway since that way you can migrate them over to the Vita. Plus, since the the Vita is out most of them are finally priced as they should have been almost from the start.

I find it funny though that all the Sony-published PSP games are at like 7,99