• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Go Hands-On: Slim, Sleek, Sexy

eXo

M for Messenger
While over at E3 I had a look at Sony’s latest iteration of PSP hardware, the PSP go. Without further ado, here are my thoughts:Build QualityIncredibly minuscule in size, the PSP go is built to last. Sporting a glossy finish, the top screen looks sleek and slides in and out smoothly, covering the directional and [...]

More...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Very nice article, all I needed to know was right here ;) Good job

Adiuvo

Thanks X3, very nice article :)

It's nice to hear that the sliding mechanism is smooth. I thought it would use notches and be a bit jerky.

raing3

Hopefully I'll have enough pocket money by the time this is released... so Sony removed the 'features' of the PSP-3000 screen hey, guess the scan line artifacts were deemed to be horrible 'features'.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I'll be picking one up, right now I'm saving up for all these games that're coming out though.

Somehow I never thought you'd say that :D

I'll agree though with Hiratai in the respect that I might actually pick up my Phat once the upcoming games have been released (which hasn't been used since Sept '08).

Great preview x3sphere, I'd buy if I had money to begin with, however I think my classic Phat still does the job nicely enough when I need it to.

eighty4

Somehow I never thought you'd say that :D

I'll agree though with Hiratai in the respect that I might actually pick up my Phat once the upcoming games have been released (which hasn't been used since Sept '08).

Great preview x3sphere, I'd buy if I had money to begin with, however I think my classic Phat still does the job nicely enough when I need it to.

Well I probably wont be able to pirate games right out of the box. :p

Beyond that though, I respect the fact that some of the devs are coming back to the PSP and I might go and venture in some of the newer games that are coming out so they stick with the console and not have to go through the same phase the PSP is facing now.

spike021

Well I probably wont be able to pirate games right out of the box. :p

Beyond that though, I respect the fact that some of the devs are coming back to the PSP and I might go and venture in some of the newer games that are coming out so they stick with the console and not have to go through the same phase the PSP is facing now.

Oh, you mean that you'll buy them *and* the Go? In that case, I'll just lol. I guess it just depends on what type of pirate you really are. I doubt a hardcore pirate would decide to just buy a game based on the specifics like you mentioned.

eighty4

Oh, you mean that you'll buy them *and* the Go? In that case, I'll just lol. I guess it just depends on what type of pirate you really are. I doubt a hardcore pirate would decide to just buy a game based on the specifics like you mentioned.

I'm only a pirate since I can't afford to shovel out money on every game I want.

spike021

I'm only a pirate since I can't afford to shovel out money on every game I want.

Well, that's one very valid point that even tempts to push me into doing the pirating myself every once in a while since I can barely afford a couple games as it is anyway.

Well, back on topic, the PSP Go really is beginning to cause me to think of a total PSP restart. All these new games (LBP, MGS, GT) are either being made to shine, or are finally being released (you know who you are). These games, while they *are* the PS3's counter-parts, might actually bring more attention to the PSP again. I really think that this might finally be just what the PSP needs to be brought back into the limelight.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Well, that's one very valid point that even tempts to push me into doing the pirating myself every once in a while since I can barely afford a couple games as it is anyway.

Well, back on topic, the PSP Go really is beginning to cause me to think of a total PSP restart. All these new games (LBP, MGS, GT) are either being made to shine, or are finally being released (you know who you are). These games, while they *are* the PS3's counter-parts, might actually bring more attention to the PSP again. I really think that this might finally be just what the PSP needs to be brought back into the limelight.

I totally agree! Now let's hope more dev's jump on the bandwagon and bring more great IP's to the PSP

Arvis

Kinda agree with eighty4, in some places consoles and games are overpirced.

But ontopic: So video says PSP go isn't going to replace 3000, that means games which are coming to 'go' are also coming to 3000 and other PSPs? I really hope so.

Slasher

Suck It

But ontopic: So video says PSP go isn't going to replace 3000, that means games which are coming to 'go' are also coming to 3000 and other PSPs? I really hope so.

Yeah that much is confirmed. All games will still be available on UMD. It's just that they will also be available on the PSN for digital download.

Arvis

Good to hear. UMD-Less PSP means more titles on PSN - cheaper than in local stores. Also it means larger titles possible, nice.

Sinfulfate

There are no games coming to the "go". With the PSP Go! being UMD-less this just means Sony has to release more games digitally than they have before. So with a current PSP you will have the option of buying a UMD and playing the games that way or buying it digitally and playing it that way while with the PSP Go! you can only play games digitally.