• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP1004 with 3.10 ... what can I do?

balexandre

Hi,

For several time I own a PSP 1004, been putted away forever as I couldn't run homebrew games (for something I did with the version changer back those days).

I finally found the (thought) lost power cable and I starter digging into what's new and from this youtube video saw that there is a 5.03 firmware that I could upgrade, run the Chicken exploit image and I would be back to run the mighty Lumines .

So I formated my 1Gb MS and copied the 5.03 Firmware that is found on this forum inside GAME into a folder named UPDATE, and copied the Chicken image into the /PICTURES folder.

Well... when I tried to run the Update, I get this:

Screen_shot_2011-04-22_at_5.50.27_PM.png

Can anyone give me a hand on what should I do to play Homebrew games again?

Thank you.

P.S. Currently PSP-1004 has 3.10 OE-A

january39

eXo Staff
You are trying to update to a FW that is not recognised, hence the DADADADADA error code. This was manually created by Dark Alex for this purpose.

Not 100% on fix since it has been a while.... Update to a lower M33 fw 3.52 and then to whatever, Hellcats recovery flasher should do it. Google that.

Been a long long time since i have seen a question like this :) brings a tear to my eye :p

balexandre

eheh, I'm an oldie :)

tried as january39 suggested ... got Error Code 80020148 :(

tried as ultimakilz suggested ... got everything done, and took the liberty to upgrade to fw 5.00.

Thank you guys for helping me get ride of this problem :)