• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pspunk's DDR blog

Pspunk

Star power and butt plugs
So, after playing Runescape for 2 years, World of Warcraft for 10 months, and Rock band/Guitar Hero for 6 months, I decided to purchase Dance Dance Revolution: Universe 2(Including pad) for the 360. My plan in buying this game is to lose weight and improve my cardiovascular health, as well as have a hell of alot of fun! :laugh: Here I will document my progress in this goal as well as my skill level in Dance Dance Revolution.

The beginning of the journey
209jb0k.jpg

$50 later...
20f81mt.jpg

Lets see how this unfolds.

Starting Weight: 230 Lb/104kg
Current Weight: 230 Lb/104kg
Days played: 5

Moderators, if this is in the wrong section, please move it.

Chathurga

Let's see how it unfolds? I'll finish it for you, no. Just... no.
I mean good luck with the weight loss but why in god's name DDR?

Pspunk

Day 1: Friday 1/9/08
Bought DDR Universe 2 with pad. Failed the first 2-3 songs on beginner mode then shaped up and didn't fail again all night, it was fun with my sister and mom playing too. I ended up getting off of beginner mode and playing on basic by end of night.

1/10-1/11
Played DDR about 8 hours combined between Saturday and Sunday. Burned 2000 calories playing Friday Saturday and Sunday, got 3 songs on AAA on basic mode aswell as passed 7 songs on Difficult mode.

Pspunk

Let's see how it unfolds? I'll finish it for you, no. Just... no.
I mean good luck with the weight loss but why in god's name DDR?
In all honesty, I couldn't think of another game that I've heard stories of massive weight loss from that would be publically available to me at a cheap cost. Also its quite similar to Stepmania/Guitar hero/Rock Band which im already really good at and know I like that type of game, so I figured it'd be worth a try.

eighty4

In all honesty, I couldn't think of another game that I've heard stories of massive weight loss from that would be publically available to me at a cheap cost. Also its quite similar to Stepmania/Guitar hero/Rock Band which im already really good at and know I like that type of game, so I figured it'd be worth a try.
wiifit.jpg

START OVER PLEASE.

Pspunk

[qimg]http://exophase.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/wiifit.jpg[/qimg]

START OVER PLEASE.
I don't have a Wii :\

Additional Comment:
Anyway,
Day 4: Finished up 4 more achievements in quest mode in 1 day, 550 calories not bad for only 3 hours. Winning the dance competition was a real bitch, took me 7 rounds and the first 5 were all AA 100%. Still not bored.

EDIT: I WANT JUICE.

Slasher

Suck It
[qimg]http://exophase.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/wiifit.jpg[/qimg]

START OVER PLEASE.

Good luck finding one of those, they've been massively shortaged everywhere ever since it came out

Plus, wii sucks so who would buy one just for that

Mast3r_Shak3

If there's a training mode I'd recommend doing it. It really helps get you started with some of the essential skills you need for DDR.

I used to be extremely good but I quit a while back, I probably suck now.

Pspunk

If there's a training mode I'd recommend doing it. It really helps get you started with some of the essential skills you need for DDR.

I used to be extremely good but I quit a while back, I probably suck now.
I already completed the tutorial/training mode the first night.

Additional Comment:
1/13/09
My feet cramped up severely for the first 2 hours of playing, ended up unlocking 5 new songs+2 challenge achievements. I also found some pretty intense minigames in party mode that I found fun.(IE speed mode where you have to hit all the notes as fast as you can, and the notes dont scroll upwards its just a stale sheet) Apparently burned 880 calories, pretty sick, tommorrow im taking a break due to work.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
My friend lost 50 pounds while playing ddr. I say while because he had bulimia.

But anyways, I had a blast with DDR. I got really good at it at the arcade then bought it for 360, and eventually sold it along with my first Xbox. I do plan on getting it again though. Sooo much fun. It kept me in shape too. I don't really have much weight to loose.

Pspunk

1/19/08
I played DDR today for the first time in 3-4 days because I was sick, managed to burn 800 calories and get AA on a song on expert. (^_^ do I win now) I wanna be your star on difficult mode is insanely intense on the body, I keep falling on the floor 60% through the song from exhaustion. About 32 calories per attempt on it in under 2 minutes.