• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Qore Gives First Look At PSP Go!, New Portable Metal Gear Incoming

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pspgo2.jpg

Images from the June issue of Qore have given us an early look at PSP Go, the long-rumored fourth iteration of PSP hardware. Just as speculation suggested, the redesigned handheld features a sliding screen and does away with UMD, embracing digital downloads in a more compact form factor.

Other tidbits mentioned by SCEA marketing boss John Koller in a video that surfaced of the Qore episode include the fact that the slimmed-down PSP Go will tout 16GB of built-in flash memory, along with bluetooth support. Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Jax and Daxter, and a new portable Metal Gear Solid are all name-dropped in the video, strongly suggesting an E3 appearance. See this clip after the break.

Koller also notes that the PSP Go will not replace the current 3000 model on store shelves. At this point in time, it is a move that makes sense as Sony is just beginning to release titles on PSN day and date with their UMD release. Plus, digital downloads are still somewhat of a foreign concept to the average consumer, meaning transitioning is needed.

<object width="530" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZgRY1eULac&&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" quality="best"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZgRY1eULac&&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="530" height="344" quality="best"></embed></object>

Thanks to Leonard for the tip!

january39

eXo Staff
I can see the sense in a divide between 3000 and Go!, there is no actual proof that the Go! is in fact PSP-4000.

Maybe it is just the contender to Iphone/touch?

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
<p>If its going to compete against the iTouch, it's going to fail.</p>
<p>Seriously Sony, do you learn from your mistakes? Where is the second analog nub?</p>

january39

eXo Staff
<p>If its going to compete against the iTouch, it's going to fail.</p>
<p>Seriously Sony, do you learn from your mistakes? Where is the second analog nub?</p>

I think it could easily compete against the ipode touch, but yeah.... No 2nd analogue.....again. :confused1:

deckman98

Trained Professional
<p>im not buying because im too young to have a debit or credit card to buy games off psn.</p>

january39

eXo Staff
<p>im not buying because im too young to have a debit or credit card to buy games off psn.</p>

I think they would offer a PSN card/voucher thing you could buy from a retail outlet.

Juliet

<p>I agree with webnapster; PSPgo sounds like a portable version of a handheld. It's more of a mylo rather than a PSP. Also, it would be better to give a 16 gig memory stick instead of a built-in NAND flash.</p>

Kwipper

<p>I like the design when I first saw it, but then I noticed the one thing that immensely pissed me off. The lack of a second analog stick, but it's not just the lack of it, but the fact that they could have easily implemented one.</p>
<p>They even made a perfect place for it.. but what do they put in it's place? THE FUCKING START AND SELECT BUTTONS!</p>
<p>It's as if Sony was intentionally mocking the userbase that was requesting for a 2nd analog stick since.. oh I don't know.. THE FIRST GENERATION PSP!?</p>
<p>Fuck you Sony. FUCK... YOU!!!</p>

andychole

<p>I am just laughing at the above comments! You all want a second analogue stick, yet you fail to understand this is not a PSP2!</p>
<p>It is simply a spin-off internet version of the PSP. Why on earth would Sony implement a second analogue stick, when every current game does not support it. Future games would use it, but then where does that put the older PSPs.</p>
<p>Sure, I wanted another analogue stick, and I certainly think there was a perfect position for it, but remember this is not the PSP2!</p>

ryo-n-gats

<p>"It is simply a spin-off internet version of the PSP. Why on earth would Sony implement a second analogue stick, when every current game does not support it. Future games would use it, but then where does that put the older PSPs.
Sure, I wanted another analogue stick, and I certainly think there was a perfect position for it, but remember this is not the PSP2!"
You're wasting your time, they are retards and they cant understand plain simple things.</p>
<p>On the other hand, I would like Sony to make second stick, so they can stick it in their as*es.</p>

Alex

<p>so there is a new sony hand held confirmed or still a rumour?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@alex_e: Did you read the article? The PSP Go is confirmed, it's no longer a rumor. We'll likely hear more at the Sony conference on Tuesday.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
The PSP Go is confirmed, it's no longer a rumor. We'll likely hear more at the Sony conference on Tuesday.

Sad that it has Go! in the title.

Honestly, I think the PSP Go! is like a gimmick. They should have used 4000 or 04g instead.

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
PSP Go! sounds like a copy from Visa Go XD

also, the fact that its a slider, doesnt it make it a bit flimsy? All the slider mobile phones ive known have frequent problems with their sliders... How will this slider be more stable?

Also, no second analog stick, that is a major disappointment.

This may be a good PSP for those who don't have a PSP, but for those who already have 1, i don't think they'll bother upgrading. If it has a bigger screen, then people may be tempted, but honestly, with only OFW on this, i dont see the point of buying this...

january39

eXo Staff
PSP Go! sounds like a copy from Visa Go XD

also, the fact that its a slider, doesnt it make it a bit flimsy? All the slider mobile phones ive known have frequent problems with their sliders... How will this slider be more stable?

Also, no second analog stick, that is a major disappointment.

This may be a good PSP for those who don't have a PSP, but for those who already have 1, i don't think they'll bother upgrading. If it has a bigger screen, then people may be tempted, but honestly, with only OFW on this, i dont see the point of buying this...

Could not have said it better myself. :glare: