• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Refunds Issued to Minecraft XBLA Players with SDTVs

eXo

M for Messenger
Minecraft-XBLA.jpg

It was previously revealed that the XBLA version of Minecraft would not support split-screen multiplayer. Even though plenty of people knew about this thanks to the good ol' internet, it would be impossible for everyone to be aware because Microsoft never made it clear on the game's Xbox Live Arcade page.

That's all been fixed, though, and the Minecraft listing now sports a nice little disclaimer that reads, "To experience split-screen functionality a high-definition television is required."

Obviously, there are a few gamers out there with SDTVs that weren't exactly aware of the HD barrier that stood in front of them and Minecraft's wonderful multiplayer gameplay[...]

Continue reading: Refunds Issued to Minecraft XBLA Players with SDTVs...

hush404

The real question I want answered is, why the hell can't a game like mine craft do split screen on an SDTV? It can't be a graphical issue.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It might be. I remember when Dead Rising first came out I didn't have an HDTV yet and I could hardly read any on screen text. It was a pretty big issue at the time.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
While abe is right that it's very difficult to read things, it's defiantly not impossible to do split-screen on SDTV, but even playing on split screen with 720p, it is still hard to read/see things for some reason.

hush404

But.. it's Minecraft. The game that's built out of HUGE pixelated blocks. I really don't see how that would be messed up with splitscreen on a SDTV.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It's a developer issue. Incompetence for not optimizing everything for every available display mode and not considering that a large amount of people still use non HDTVs.
You can't just ignore it.

Many games have been like this and it's rather unexcuseable and makes a lot of games unplayable even on a high quality CRT with component.

Why is it so god damn hard to devote a few extra resources to optimizing for 480i/p? (where you should get better performance too. So if a game has slowdown in 720p how can the same thing occur at 3X less the pixel resolution?) (720p =921,600 Pixels. 480p/i= generally around 307,200 pixels for 4:3)Especially for the PS3 considering it comes packaged with COMPOSITE cables.

Robby

Los Doyers!
If you're able to drop money on video games, especially when most of them are $60, I don't see how you can not have a HD tv by now especially when they are so cheap, not to mention the fact that you will get to fully enjoy the games you play.