• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

RemoteJoy GUI/Lite won't record Homebrew?

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Hey guys. I've been having some trouble with RemoteJoy, and so thought I'd ask for some help. It's really starting to drive me mad. Basically, the issue isn't installing RemoteJoy or anything like that. After a lot of trial and error, I've managed to get it up and running using a PSP-1000 on 3.40 OE-A and 64-bit Windows 7. Having removed a custom theme, I can now run it in both the XMB and when playing UMDs, so no problems there. (Note: RemoteJoy doesn't work with Vibestar's Inner Star theme. :wink:)

Firstly, I should note that I havn't been able to use RemoteJoy v0.20a, which I figured is the newest RemoteJoy. I've only been able to use RemoteJoy GUI v1.52, since my PSP doesn't automatically connect to USB using PRX supplied with RemoteJoy v0.20a as it should. Anyway, that being said, using RemoteJoy GUI, I can view the XMB by first running PSPLink and then clicking 'Reset VSH', 'LoadVSH', and finally 'Load RJoy PRX' as outlined in several guides. However, having done this and booted to the XMB, I am not able to run any homebrew and/or UMDs. The PSP just hangs on the boot screen. All I'm really looking for are some concrete answers, since all the threads I've read seem to be 4 and 5 years old, and very misleading, in some cases. :argh:

TLDR;
My first question is, are you even meant to be able to record homebrew using RemoteJoy? I can't be sure. Different sites seem to say different things.

Update:
From the Readme.txt of RemoteJoy GUI v1.52;
You should be able to see your PSP's screen in a window now. It crashes when
you enter the Video menu on the XMB and if/when you run anything you'll lose
the link.
I can't believe I missed that the first 3 times I read it. Damn. :mad1:
Moving on...

Secondly, if so, is it possible to record homebrew games using RemoteJoy GUI, or do I have to use the much newer RemoteJoy v0.20a? And thirdly, if both of the above are true, does anyone know why I am unable to use RemoteJoy v0.20a? Is it something to do with my old firmware? What firmwares are supported?

And last, but definately not least, am I barking up the wrong tree altogether here? There seems to be hundreds or recorded PSP homebrew videos on YouTube. I don't know whether these have been done with Emulators and Screen Capture programs, but it doesn't seem like it. (Most show games running at full speed, which I am unsure is possible on PC). Is there a newer, or rather better PSP video recording tool out there?

Any help is much appreciated. If there is anything I havn't mentioned, ask away. I'll be happy to provide anything else you'd like to know. Thanks in advance.
-Freshmilk