• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Replacing the psp slim 2000 housing

Ray

Hey guys am trying to replace my slim housing and am trying to get a tutorial with pics cause its the first time i will actually go farther than changing the screen XD, i have a ta-88v2 and i've been looking on the web and can not find a tutorial for this, can anyone help me with this?

Dan

Contributor
You would be better off sending it off to a legit trader who can do it, changing the casing gets awfully tricky.

Edit: Do you mean the whole case or just the screen?

january39

eXo Staff
It's pretty easy to remove it all, putting it back together and it all fits the same is much harder - everytime i have ever done it the new cases have generally been a poor fit.

Not sure if sony make different cases though and they would fit far better

Ray

@Dan -> Well am changing the who case, its just that the link i found says screen replacement, but it shows you how to take evrything apart from the psp.

@jan -> So do you think am better off staying with my original GoW case, i have 2 years with my psp now and i dont know i just feel like changing its look.

january39

eXo Staff
Depends, personally i never bothered - i took them apart to repair and never to change for taste - That said, it's all personal choice. From the guide you have you can see it is a lot of work.

You have the GOW case as well so it's not just the plain old black one either - although you could make some money selling your GOW case.

Ray

I know its a lot of work but am thinking of taking the risk, not only to change the case but also to take the whole psp apart, i just feel like learning how to disassemble and reassemble the psp XD, but i dont think ill sell the GoW case.