• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 6 Announced, First Trailer Surfaces

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
[video=youtube;BmC1lZeQad4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4&hd=1[/video]
Capcom's officially announced that Resident Evil 6 is in development for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. It's scheduled for a November 20 on consoles, with a Windows PC release "coming later."

Trailer is above[...]

Continue reading: Resident Evil 6 Announced, First Trailer Surfaces...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i thought this was already announced to be in development?

also, i want another RE to feature clair, and jill(i know RE5 has jill, but not until like 90% of the way through, and only playable in mercenaries).

also, was that Ashely in the trailer?

dasco2xxx

i wish they could put in a character like in the monster hunter, in where as you can hack and slash zombies. i mean they already have herbs and such...

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
it looks like a step in the right direction imo, back to their roots. but i agree i would rather see a true survival horror game than another action shooter.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I loved RE5. It was a fantastic co-op game.

It was a disappointment to hardcore RE fans since they felt it went away from the "scary survival" type to the "action" type that we see now.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I'll give you that Robby. For whatever reason, this is a series that I don't have any expectations about prior to playing. I thought RE5 did a good enough job of following up on RE4.

To that point though, you're only really afforded a true survival horror experience in the first installment of a video game. Typically after that, the main character at least knows what the fuck is going on and is a cagey vet by the sequel. Once you enter that game with a plot with a "prepared" character, your in action town.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It was a disappointment to hardcore RE fans since they felt it went away from the "scary survival" type to the "action" type that we see now.

Agreed.

As for Resident Evil 6, it looks interesting and I've no doubt at all that I'll enjoy the Leon side of the story but probably less so the Chris side or the unknown character.

If they brought back the feeling of dread from having limited ammo and being forced to choose between shooting or dodging then I'd eat it right up.

Also hunters. Bring back hunters.

Yeah, I'll give you that Robby. For whatever reason, this is a series that don't have any expectations about prior to playing. I thought RE5 did a good enough job of following up on RE4.

To that point though, you're only really afforded a true survival horror experience in the first installment of a video game. Typically after that, the main character at least knows what the fuck is going on and is a cagey vet by the sequel. Once you enter that game with a plot with a "prepared" character, your in action town.

Not so. Resident Evil 2 had Claire and Leon, not Chris and Jill from the original but it also expanded on the range of environments and characters with it being in Raccoon City rather than a mansion in the forest. There was more ammo in RE2 which was expected as it was set in a police station for the first half of the game but you were still made to decide whether to engage with enemies or run around them and conserve ammo for the more difficult enemies later in the game.