• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 6 Available Today on XBLM, PSN

David Sanchez

RE6.jpg

If you're eagerly awaiting the launch of Resident Evil 6 next month, there are a couple of things you can do. If you feel like living on the edge, you can seek out one of those stolen copies for the PlayStation 3, purchase it (Buying stolen goods is a big no-no, legally speaking.) for ridiculous amounts of cash, and enjoy Resident Evil 6 a few weeks prior to launch.

Or, if you don't feel like spending a hefty sum or getting busted for illegally buying something you know was wrongfully taken from a major corporation, you can download the game's playable demo.

Continue reading...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I picked up the full game last week (PS3 version) but have been super busy so didn't get around to playing it until today. I'm enjoying the game so far, some of the complaints are valid but I don't see how reviewers can give this such low scores while recycled stuff like CoD gets 8s and 9s. At the very least it's an 8 to me so far. If you liked RE4 and RE5 you'll enjoy this.

I really like what they did with the controls. Feels a lot more responsive than RE5. Melee system works well although you get quite a bit of ammo from what I've played so far so haven't had to rely on it too much. Inventory system is way easier to use, I always found it very cumbersome in previous REs.

The only downside is the abundance of QTEs and some performance issues. Most of them are just unnecessary and become an annoyance. The FPS drops are kind of bad if you are sensitive to that stuff (I am), but I've seen worse on consoles. I can deal with it. It only really happens in heavily congested areas with a lot of dynamic lights. Would've just waited for the PC release but six months is too long.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I'm purchasing this to show my support (on PS3).
But I don't plan on playing it until the PC version comes out. I hope it supports MSAA (Seriously something MTFramework games have been lacking since their move to Deferred, which ends up looking worse than what they did with their Forward Rendered stuff IMO.) and has higher resolution textures/normal maps/etc and adjustable shadow resolution.

Resident Evil fans really don't know what they want. Pre RE4 everyone was complaining about Resident Evil being stagnant and stale and the same thing over and over(Etc) among other things,. Now people complain the games aren't exactly like they used to be, and THEN Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD (The pinnacle of the original games IMO)gets blasted in most reviews(Meta AVG: 65 on PS3) for being the way most people say the games should be like and is then compared to RE4, or not having significant new content(Tons of other "HD" Uprezed games don't get reviewed low because of lack of new content. Some of them even REMOVE old content and don't get docked for it.) Another complaint is that Capcom didn't do a good job "Remastering" the game, when the simple FACT of the matter is that not all games were created equal. Other games that look better for the fact that their assets had better detail in them than the original game at low resolution could show. Capcom didn't do anything different than 99.99% of "HD Remasters". It's just the simple fact their games don't translate as well to the treatment.

Most "HD Remasters" if you have the original game, you can run it in high resolution on an emulator and it will look pretty much the same if not better(less aliasing) than the "HD Remaster". Sans 16:9;and correctly positioned/rendered 2D UI elements if you hack the game into widescreen with PCSX2 for example.

/off topic at the end there.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I may download this for the 360 to keep me busy in between Borderlands 2 and Black Ops 2 next month.

I thought RE5 was a very fun game and quality coop as well.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I always felt digital downloads promote laziness and take away part of the enjoyment old people like me get from having a physical copy. But since I still don't have a game store anywhere near where I live and PSN doesn't charge tax (basically saving me $10) I was all like "fuck yeah" and "lets do this" but so far* I'm already getting the feeling I'm going to be disappointed. I hate that Capcom decided we need even more QTEs, the ambiance is not at all creepy, and the camera angles gotten me killed so much I thought I was playing Sonic Adventure 2.

My gripe with the game isn't that it's not like the old ones, it's that it so far* takes the one thing people hated most about RE5 and runs with it, RE4 had the perfect balance. Wanting a game scare me in my mid twenties the same way that it did when I was 10 years old is an unrealistic request, but it wouldn't kill them to make the game a little creepy instead of just throwing oversized boss after oversized boss at you and bombarding the player with poorly timed QTEs. So far Capcom is just mailing it in.

* I say "so far" frequently because I haven't completed the game yet.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i just have a couple complaints, first, i enjoyed the gun upgrade system of 4+5, and don't really care for this new skill system in place. secondly, I HATE the j'avo, their gun wielding everywhere is annoying as hell.

I did enjoy leon's early campaign, being in the city was very nostalgic to resident evil 2+3, it's a decent game overall, but i was hoping it'd be a bit more in between resident evil 4+5, i don't really know how to describe this direction they've headed in.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i just have a couple complaints, first, i enjoyed the gun upgrade system of 4+5, and don't really care for this new skill system in place. secondly, I HATE the j'avo, their gun wielding everywhere is annoying as hell.

I did enjoy leon's early campaign, being in the city was very nostalgic to resident evil 2+3, it's a decent game overall, but i was hoping it'd be a bit more in between resident evil 4+5, i don't really know how to describe this direction they've headed in.

Yea I'm at the city area now, really enjoying it as a huge RE2 fan, still my favorite in the series. A remake with this engine would be pretty awesome.

Seth

MD Party Room
Got the game a while ago, put about 2 hours in and enjoy what I see so far, it alot like RE5 to me right now. I dont enjoy the new heath and menu system so far and I find the melee to be really disappointing. I got it on XBox so if you wanna play some co op just hit me up.

Richlando

Co-op makes it for me, otherwise playing it alone gets tedious/boring. I found that alot of the time ammo didn't mean very much,(It should in a RE game imo) I either melee everything or run ahead to the next door. I'm only at chapter 3 (Leon) as Borderlands2 and soon Dishonored have my attention. RE6 is worth the purchase but for me only if I'm playing co-op. I will say I was expecting better graphics but I blame UC3 for that. Seeing what is possible and then seeing what gets mailed in is a bit disappointing. But even then, only a minor complaint. Like I said, I'm only a short time in so hopefully it gets better or at the least I'll always have someone to play it with. LOL