• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Retro Review: Platoon

eXo

M for Messenger
robocodretro.png

Name: Platoon
Year Released: 1987
System: NES

2s0d4jd.jpg

As a gamer I feel it is pretty safe to say that we gain a great amount of joy from original ideas that are executed creatively and designed well. However, we all know of a darker side of the gaming world that exists due to the film industry[...]

Continue reading: Retro Review: Platoon...

Adiuvo

This was really fun to read. Nice job Eldiablov.

It's rare to see a review of a bad game, much less a movie game at that :p

Looks like crap has no time limit.

Colm

The fact that you played this for a review.. amazing. I want to review Big Rigs actually, I downloaded it to give to someone who kept annoying me (he kept asking me to download Dragon Age Origins, even though I told him it wouldn't fit on a dvd)

Moose

Meta Moose
Short and snappy. It's how I like 'em. Nice read; interesting, funny, and original. You don't often see reviews on a game that is so old and also so bad.

Nice one, eldiablov. Thanks for the good read.

eldiablov

Contributor
Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'll be sure to alternate between good and bad games for your future enjoyment xD

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
The only thing you'd notice is that you're a skinny white guy in the midst of a war zone being attacked by black guys that look like Rambo.

I lol'd quite hard when reading this, espcially that sentence above. To be honest, this is the first retro review I've read, and thanks to your efforts it probebly won't be the last. I'm looking forward to the next, and have plenty of others to read in the meantime. Thanks Eldiablov, good review. :tup: