• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Rock Band 3

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Many people have been expecting Rock Band 3 to come sometime this year. However, Harmonix already has 2 games to put on shelf before the end of the year (RB: unplugged and RB: the beatles). However we can expect a new rock band game sometime next year.

Sources: Harmonix 2009: The Beatles yes, Rock Band 3 no

gamespot (I can't find the article...I'll update the post when I do)

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm glad they're not releasing it this year, it would be rushed and low quality compared to last years. This means it's going to be more epic!

(thanks for the compliment, btw, I didn't know there was already a master chef on the forums :p)

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
On second thought, I am glad they are not rushing it. GH is making 8 games (includes GH:M) this year. That is way too much.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
To be honest, I don't see RB3 any time soon. Fact of the matter is, unless they need to make dramatic changes to the game, then there's no point in pulling a GH and throwing out game after game for the sake of making a game.

Any extra songs they could release on RB3 they could easily release as a pack for RB2. Rock Band 2 is definitely an "evergreen game" (as Nintendo calls it), and doesn't always adhere to standard release conventions. The game could easily sell for another year or two before needing to release a new one. They'd be better off just releasing a "Rock Band Track Pack" disc with the best of the songs from the packs released on RB2, but it just acts as offline DLC for those who don't have the internet, as opposed to GH: The Best Of (or whatever it's called) where it doesn't work with any other GH.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Exactly, Harmonix also stated around Christmas that when the do make rock band 3, it will be MUCH more then just an add on. They want to make a true sequel.

Joey

What's the point of putting out another Rock Band? Isn't this why they have a store in the game?

Cryox

Bro.
yeah. but you see how these things go. They say this will be last thing you'll ever need [xbox] but then they release a new one [360]

Joey

yeah. but you see how these things go. They say this will be last thing you'll ever need [xbox] but then they release a new one [360]

That's true, if you're activision. I don't see Harmonix putting out another rock band for a long time, if ever.

Riorio99

Yeah, Harmonix is doing the right thing, releasing the best possible game on the disc and adding to it, bit by bit. This way, they make more money, and we feel like where getting a bargin. apart from the stuff on the disc, we only pay for what we want.
Guitar Hero is going to price itself out of the market, with what are essentially overpriced add-on's

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
That's true, if you're activision. I don't see Harmonix putting out another rock band for a long time, if ever.

We'll probably be waiting for Rock Band 3 on the next generation of consoles, there's no need to release a new one now for the current generation.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
It's upsetting that there won't be a RB3 this year, but The Beatles are always nice. Alot of those songs would be great for Rock Band.

They really need a Led Zeppelin rock back though.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
What's the point of putting out another Rock Band? Isn't this why they have a store in the game?

It just depends on if the band wants to have their songs in the store. For example, the ACDC pack. A member of ACDC (I don't which one, i think it was either Angus or Brian) wanted to sell their songs as a whole instead of consumers cherry-picking which songs they want.

The Beatles are in the exact position. But, IMO they deserve their own game.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM EST ----------

It's upsetting that there won't be a RB3 this year, but The Beatles are always nice. Alot of those songs would be great for Rock Band.

They really need a Led Zeppelin rock back though.

Don't count on it. Robert Plant is being a douchebag about it. He is the only person from the Zepp that says nay. He doesn't even want one song to be on RB, even with the MILLIONS asking for Stairway.

James.

User Not Found
I hope they do release more dlc track packs, before RB3, I prefer to buy something on a disc than to download something