• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Rumor: $99 PS2 Coming April 5th - NOW CONFIRMED

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You people are crazy. You could have got a PS2 yesterday for $20 more depending on where you bought it. Now that it's $99 it has become the deal of the century?

It's just the way the mind perceives something. That's why companies price things at $99 rather than $100 - it makes a huge difference to the consumer (3 digits vs 2). Even though it comes down to common sense in the end, the $99 price tag on a console is attractive to many even though it was just $20 more a while ago. It's hard for me to explain but it just has to do with the way the mind perceives prices/cost

Now why can't Sony pull of something totally awesome and just say "April Fools! PS3 gets a price cut...of $99!!"

Cryox

Bro.
It's just the way the mind perceives something. That's why companies price things at $99 rather than $100 - it makes a huge difference to the consumer (3 digits vs 2). Even though it comes down to common sense in the end, the $99 price tag on a console is attractive to many even though it was just $20 more a while ago. It's hard for me to explain but it just has to do with the way the mind perceives prices/cost

Now why can't Sony pull of something totally awesome and just say "April Fools! PS3 gets a price cut...of $99!!"

very true.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You guys are weak minded then if you are running out to re-buy PS2's because Sony has dropped the price $25.

Weak minded isn't the right word, but very susceptible to marketing ploys would apply a little more.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You guys are weak minded then if you are running out to re-buy PS2's because Sony has dropped the price $25.

Weak minded isn't the right word, but very susceptible to marketing ploys would apply a little more.

Indeed they are falling for it, but it's a marketing ploy that works and has been proven to work (doesn't work on me though :p)

Zx30

Beto
Not all of us think how you think we think Abe. The reason I'm a little into it now is because I forgot all about the PS2. This simply brought my attention towards it again. I'm trying to think of what other games I would play if I got a PS2 though. Only thing that comes to mind is Shadow of the Colossus. My mind(ATM) can't think of anything else I wanted to play on a PS2 but missed out on.

Sullivan

Whoa, 99 dollars, I don't see who wouldn't just spend a bit more and get a PS3, sony needs to stop with the PS2 all together, and get with the PS3.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I think some people will buy it as the ps3 doesn't have backwards compatibility any more.

Seth

MD Party Room