• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 4 Has 90-Minute Cutscenes

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
mgs41.jpg

<strong>Update</strong>: Hilarious. We're going to have to file this under "rumor," for now at least. According to <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=187049" target="_blank">GamePro</a> magazine editor Sid Shuman, MGS4 does have cutscenes like the 45-minute one in Sons of Liberty, but nothing that approaches 90-minutes. Who to believe?

According to a CVG piece, Hideo Kojima's forthcoming PS3 epic Metal Gear Solid 4 will have numerous cutscenes that hit the 90 minute mark. Which to my knowledge, is unprecedented in a video game.

"MGS4's story is massive. The videogame equivalent of all three Godfather movies on one disc," says the site's sister UK-mag PSW.

Thankfully, you can pause or even skip the cutscenes if you'd like. But considering a key element of MGS4 is its deep story, I'm sure most of us will stay in for the long haul and watch them.

MGS4 has '90 minute' cut-scenes [CVG]

Kwipper

o_O!!!! 90... minutes!

Okay. Now is this 90 minutes total with all of the cutscenes combined together, or is just just 1 cutscene that is 90 minutes long.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
o_O!!!! 90... minutes!

Okay. Now is this 90 minutes total with all of the cutscenes combined together, or is just just 1 cutscene that is 90 minutes long.

It has more than one cutscene that is 90 minutes long :p From the site:

"the latest instalment in Hideo Kojima's seminal stealth series, has cut-scenes (note the plural) that approach the 90 minutes mark."

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
I wish many games had longer cutscenes. The gameplay is only as good as the story.

jalaldevil

MOVE

Move over GTA IV, this is a game trurly worth buying, gta lacks many things but MGS has all, story, action, dynamic screenplay, realism, emotion and a legendary character worth remembering, SNAKE :w00t:

Those who say MGS suck ahve trurly been playing HALO too much, Sony is so gonna PWN 360 this year!