• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Rumor: PS Downgrade Announced, Supports 'All Future Firmware'

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
[video=youtube;msFwxV9YLxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFwxV9YLxA[/video]
A universal downgrade solution for PS3 units may soon be nigh. A team claiming to be behind the initial PSJailbreak hack have unveiled a software add-on dubbed PSDowngrade that allows users to downgrade regardless of which firmware is currently installed, including 3.42 and 3.50[...]

Continue reading: Rumor: PS Downgrade Announced, Supports 'All Future Firmware'...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Now that's good news if I can keep PSN support :p

TeamOverload

If it truly is the same company, than I'd believe it, but has anyone confirmed this? Also from what I've read, it will not be free. Not sure, if that's because they plan on selling it on a piece of hardware again, or if it's the actual software that will cost the money.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
If it truly is the same company, than I'd believe it, but has anyone confirmed this? Also from what I've read, it will not be free. Not sure, if that's because they plan on selling it on a piece of hardware again, or if it's the actual software that will cost the money.

Either way, it'll end up free. If it's software, it will get leaked by the first person to buy it, and if it's hardware, I'm sure it will be useable on other USB devices as the original PSJailbreak was.

This is awesome though, especially if there's a way to get on PSN without getting caught. Although, c4eva claims to be making a firmware for the PS3s bluray drive, which would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

According to the website, it's just software you install on an original PSJailbreak, that apparently "won't work" on other devices. I highly doubt that. However, this really makes me want to buy a PSJailbreak...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
YouTube has removed the video..

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content."

january39

eXo Staff
He he...You tube :) Plenty of other stuff i would happily see canned on that site.

If i can keep PSN all is good, Black op's needs me ;)

Brad

Yoshimi
That's the biggest barrier, PSN access. If they can overcome that, the utility of the jailbreak will be massive. But then you'll open up a can of worms into the multiplayer sector.

As of around 3 days ago you can get onto PSN running 3.41. Its not really safe or stealthy but you can play online with backups currently with the new PL3/Hermes+PSN payload.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Whats the point of a downgrade? If this exploit works on the newer firmwares, then the payloads should be made for the newer firmwares.
The only thing worth downgrading to is 3.15, and that's if you want OtherOS. AsbestOS seems like it will be a better linux soon, so even 3.15 will be useless.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Spiros

Maiki
Also what about that "can only downgrade once"?
Seems all a bit fishy....

I'm pretty sure that's a limitation the PSJailbreak team added to force people to buy more "PSJAILBREAK" dongles if they want to downgrade more than one console.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'm pretty sure that's a limitation the PSJailbreak team added to force people to buy more "PSJAILBREAK" dongles if they want to downgrade more than one console.

Doesn't it mean you can only downgrade your any console once?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Doesn't it mean you can only downgrade your any console once?

The original PSJailbreak code forces users to have a USB dongle inserted at all times, something they specifically added. It wouldn't be unlike them to impose a one-time use restriction. At the same time, I'm sure someone skilled enough could circumvent it.

Bran

Yell
I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I don't know if I'd hack my PS3 to play backups.

I know if I did, I'd buy a ton more PSN games.

B

Bizarre

Hopefully this leads to discs burned on HD's, I refuse to pay $250 to fix my PS3