• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Running *DEMOS* on 503GENC?

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Hey folks,

I've been trying to get the LBP demo to run, and get the update error. I later tried PSP Demo Patcher, and I run into the 8002148 error. I've tried all of the iso options(m33, oe isofs, and Sony NP9660), and get the 8002148 error.

Is there a work around?

I'm running a PSP 3000, if you couldn't tell by the title. :p

Darkchild

The Doctor
well, from what I can tell (And by searching on our psp error code list)

I came up with this:

80020148 - Unsupported PRX type | This error also seems to appear when you are running an iso with a fake mem. stick

hope it helps!

Darkchild

The Doctor
well, its been a long time since I *actually* touched the beast, so, if im not mistaken, if you have the demos eboots, just get the nfo file outta there (there should be an app somewhere for that) and edit the required firmware, I heard that works...

though, if I were you I'd update, since theres already 5.50 Gen D running around...

Darkchild

The Doctor
it only tuns on the pc, cant remember the name..

and how the hell did you CFW a PSP-3k? (Again, been away from the psp scene for quite some time!)

Spiros

Maiki
and how the hell did you CFW a PSP-3k? (Again, been away from the psp scene for quite some time!)

He must be using either the GEN or MHU CFW-enabler, it runs on top of the 5.03 ChickHEN.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
503 GEN. Which, as Spiros has explained. It runs over ChickHen. :p

I've been half tempted to update to 6.31(or whatever the latest is?) and run HBL. But eh. I need $175 to buy this used Go at a local game shop, but I dont have that kind of money. :/

Deathrow

Wow, this is pretty pathetic that no gestures have been given on such a silly fix.

Fix 1:
The newest firmware upgrade for 200088v3 and 3K motherboards is 5.03GEN-C. This update was mostly done by Yoshihiro himself that decrypts games on the fly with newer encryption methods and changed keys/keytags. LBP is one of those games that was released after the existence of 5.03GEN-B, which means that it is a game with a different encryption. Hopefully, by saying this without any extra protection or LBA, the demo should work once you upgrade your firmware.

Fix 2:
Decrypting the demo itself. The first fix as explained above uses on-the-fly decryption as opposed of manually decrypting it yourself. People who run M33 firmware generically have to do this countless times for the lack of an update (since D_A is out of the game ;)) Decrypt the main eboot.bin and rebuild its contents via UMDGen 4. Of course, I understand your using a demo, so you might have to rebuild the demo's contents into an .iso image just to be used in UMDGen.

Other Notes:
LBP is a weird game. People have reported freezes, lag, and many bugs in the game. However on my end, I have had no problems at all with the game. It may be due to the clean dump I did myself on the UMD, but I guess others were not so lucky. I can confirm that the game/demo has been able to work on all CFWs, so no matter what, it is possible. Good luck.

Spiros

Maiki
503 GEN. Which, as Spiros has explained. It runs over ChickHen. :p

I've been half tempted to update to 6.31(or whatever the latest is?) and run HBL. But eh. I need $175 to buy this used Go at a local game shop, but I dont have that kind of money. :/

Half-Byte Loader only works on OFW up to 6.20, the patapon demo exploit was patched after that firmware.