• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Scariest Gaming Experience

Triklops

Was kinda surprised as there were no topics about this so I though I'd start one.

Well here goes mine:

It was like 8 or 9 years ago and the game was Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. It was a hot summer like this..way less hotter though. I started playing around 11.30 in the morning..planning to finish the game by evening, used to do some hardcore gaming back in those days when I had a lot of time at hand. A friend had come over and he stayed till the middle of the game and then went off for lunch. I thought heck..only half the way to go so i'll skip lunch & push it (mom wasn't at home so almost got away with it:p). So just with a slice of pizza and pepsi (yea pepsi cuz i was a minor then :blush:) pushed it till like 6 in the evening, finishing it in hard mode in approx 6 hrs (not counting the bathroom breaks)..impressive huh :p

Anyways mom returned to find my lunch still on the table and went ballistics..i somehow got to calm her down. Was a bit nauseous for not having a decent meal since morning but I swear till this day I remember seeing zombies gnawing away corpses at every dark corners of my house. Even as I was finishing my lunch(as punishment:closedeyes:) I could see the Nemesis descending the staircase. Boy..I remember being so freaked out had to sleep with lights on that night.:scared::blush: Wasn't even this freaked out after playing FEAR or Doom 3. Guess I was younger back then and one gets pretty used to this scary shit eventually.

Share if you had any similar experiences, and I'm pretty sure most of you did.

P.S. And please no flaming, play nice. :)

P.P.S Not sure if I put it in the right place..if I didn't my apologies..Admins/Mods please take care of it. :)

Perfect-skillz

there was many games that I have played when I was younger that freaked me out so bad(blanking out on the names and what happened), but the most recent was:

I remember Playing COD4 on my friends 360..... we played the unofficial zombies(which is fun as hell, better then the real one) and I got away from all the zombies (which are normal online users that can only use knives) and hid in the grass. I was staring them down the barrel on my pistol (M9, silenced), accendently pulled the trigger while aiming and missed by meer inches!!!!! then one after the next they hauled ass to my position which I hauled as away from. this continues around the map, for about 6-7 minutes. my heart was racing, they finally caught up to me and had a massacure.
I tell you my heart was racing so much, it freak the hell outta me!!!!! they looked like evil zombies or aliens for real!!!!
for 2 weeks after I had the recurring nightmare of being chased by those people(the zombies)......i get freaked still thinking about it(which is weird cause i don't scare easily)

january39

eXo Staff
I was playing silent hill 1 on the PS1 many moons ago, i had played resident evil before and thought that was a little scary.Rememberat that time survival horror was pretty new idea.

Anyway i was playing silent hill and that torch was really freaking me out, you can just see the nurses coming and the crackle of that radio. I was proper nervous. We had a power cut that same night so i had no lights, no nothing and i gotta say i still swear to this day that zombie nurses were trying to get in my house. Proper freaked me out for days. I never played the game again until 2-3 years later. :)

Cryox

Bro.
I was playing Bioshock over at my friends house, and it was at least 1 in the morning. We went into some storage closet in the game, grabbed the ammo and he turned around to leave the room. I said "hey what's that" he went over to pick it up (a diary) and we turned around to have a splicer flying at us. It freaked us both out because we had cleared the whole last two rooms of them.

I didn't sleep that night lol

Scorned

I cant say this was really scary, but it kinda shocked me.

Was playing Siren: Blood Curse, and i was walking on a bridge and in front was like 5 zombies, so i turned the other way. I ran into another zombie who was looking the other way and after i killed it, received the first gun of the game. As i turned around, the help screen popped up showing me how to use it, and in the corner of the screen i could see all the 5 zombies next to me.

eighty4

So I was playing Pokemon and my Charizard had died in the Elite FOur. I was pissed, cuz that shit would've made it all the way. I was out of fucking Revive's too since I had to heal my Pikachu and shit liek that, so I couldn't do anything. So I get to the last battle and this bitch up there sends out a fucking Dragonite. Can you believe that shit? I Dragonite is out to kill ME. I fucking love Dragons, so I was kind of heartbroken. But I got over it, and sent out some scrawny level 40 Articuno. Mauled that bitch and sent it away.

BUT GUESS WHAT. SHe had a Salamence too - so I'm like. "Yo - bitch wtf you think you're doing with muh draginz?" ANd then she kills almost my whole team with 1 HP left. So I had a Bellsprout left and Salamence's attack missed, so I killed that bitch with Vine Whip. Then I won that shit and did it again.

Good shit.

Zx30

Beto
Happened when I was younger played Metal Gear Solid two. I was up late playing the game. It was when the main character was naked for some reason and the colonel started telling you.

"TURN OFF THE GAME. YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING TOO LONG" and all this other shit. Scared the crap out of me so I turned the game off lol.
Then i just played it the next morning..

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
So I was playing Pokemon and my Charizard had died in the Elite FOur. I was pissed, cuz that shit would've made it all the way. I was out of fucking Revive's too since I had to heal my Pikachu and shit liek that, so I couldn't do anything. So I get to the last battle and this bitch up there sends out a fucking Dragonite. Can you believe that shit? I Dragonite is out to kill ME. I fucking love Dragons, so I was kind of heartbroken. But I got over it, and sent out some scrawny level 40 Articuno. Mauled that bitch and sent it away.

BUT GUESS WHAT. SHe had a Salamence too - so I'm like. "Yo - bitch wtf you think you're doing with muh draginz?" ANd then she kills almost my whole team with 1 HP left. So I had a Bellsprout left and Salamence's attack missed, so I killed that bitch with Vine Whip. Then I won that shit and did it again.

Good shit.
scary?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I've had tons of different experiences, but the one that seems to happen the most is this.

Usually when I'm playing a shooter, I'll think that I've taken out all of the enemies so I run and stop at a doorway and all of a sudden one jumps out at me and I die. When that happens, I jerk suddenly because I'm totally freaked out.

Sullivan

Playing fear 2 demo, gave me a few jumps, mainly because I had the sound and sub woofer cranked, so when something happened, I was like oh shiii, and shot all over.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I've had a lot of scary moments in Fallout 3 which didn't turn out to actually be scary cuz I was listening to GNR.

eldiablov

Contributor
Happened when I was younger played Metal Gear Solid two. I was up late playing the game. It was when the main character was naked for some reason and the colonel started telling you.

"TURN OFF THE GAME. YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING TOO LONG" and all this other shit. Scared the crap out of me so I turned the game off lol.
Then i just played it the next morning..

I know that everybody considering turning it off. But i've never met someone who actually did :huh:

Mine would be the FEAR 2 demo as a recent thing, when I was younger Dino Crisis 2 scared the shit out of me.

Knight Online... MMORPG.... In a war (pvp) Running around with 500 mill coins (A LOT) and no inn in sight to put it in.

I died and lost half. I was pissed.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
There has been only one game that has made me jump in my seat, and that would be Doom 3. The frequent use of the flashlight to find your way around was just hell. I was walking along in a corridor when an enemy monster-thing pops out from the floor below me - was totally not expecting it since the hallway looked clear.

None of the Fear games scared me at all :/