• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Scariest Gaming Experience

Riorio99

Not really had much in the way of real scares, but the freaking guy that jumps out of the oven, on fire, in Resi 4. He just comes out of nowhere, and suddenly you need to pump ammo into him, with your controller halfway across the room.

chrono6456

There has been only one game that has made me jump in my seat, and that would be Doom 3. The frequent use of the flashlight to find your way around was just hell. I was walking along in a corridor when an enemy monster-thing pops out from the floor below me - was totally not expecting it since the hallway looked clear.

None of the Fear games scared me at all :/

Seconded.

Doom 3 is the only game I've ever played that was scary, and it was quite scary indeed.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Silent hill on ps1, i was around 7 and it completely scared the shit out of me, was fun at the same time too.

weedman

clock tower psone with some good friends at 12 at night made me yell RUN RUN DONT HIDE IN THERE my friend hides in there then scissors man kills him. that RE 2 and doom 3 kinda because things like to pop out of corners

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I remember Dino Crisis 1 on the PS1 used to sacre me shitless when I was youunger, yet it was an awesome game. Me and my brother completed it numerous times, but there's this one bit near the end, where you have to blow up the facility you're in. Once you press the button, everything starts shaking, flahes black and red, and the place floods with dinosaurs. It always scared the shit out of us for some reason, to the point that we'd play Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who had to press the button.

There was an even more scary part right at the start, where you've seen nothing but small dino's so far, and then you go into this office room. It lets you run around and play normally for some time, but then at what seems like a random occurance, a HUGE dinosaur smahes it's head through the window. It got us every time, we shat brixx.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
I played Fear and the two addons. i must say the first time i played i kept screaming out loud and a few times it had my adrenaline pumping, and somehow i found myself so freaked out i had to stop playing. the second time i played it i wasnt quite so scared, cause i actually knew where the scares were (although admitedly i still jumped lol). i enjoyed it more for a thriller action fps, and after playing the addons, i must say while it didnt get any scarier, it certianly did become more fun.

i haven't played Fear 2 yet, although judging from the demo i saw, it didn't leave out the scare factor. seems they upped the ante. might take a while to build up the courage to play it. if Fear got my heart all cranked up, I'm sure Fear 2 will have me passing out of peeing myself.

I also watched Phil play the Silent Hill games (I didn't think i could cope with the controls since i jump a lot) and i was quite good at solving the puzzles with him. the music and atmosphere is intense in those games and i have to say, the whole thing gave me restless nights for a few weeks.

dubmonkey

frightwise, it'd be when the first silent hill came out... thought it'd be a great idea to play it alone, in a blacked out room... played for what seemed to be an eternity (but less than a few hours in reality) until, in the glow of the tv, i swear i was seeing all sorts of freaky stuff coming out of the corners, under the door, and though the mirror in my room.

scariest moment gaming second place would be any rpg i'm playing and don't save... go eat or take a bathroom break, and come back to find a sibling, roomie, or whoever, sitting in front of the tv doing something else...

...and in third place is when that person goes "it's cool, i saved your game for you" and i know i wasn't really in a good spot to save, and i'm not sure if they saved over the save i keeping so i could backtrack (but not backtrack too far, ya kno??).