• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming Sega Hacked, Personal Data Compromised

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
dh1.jpg

By way of an official email sent to customers today, Sega confirmed a security breach of its Sega Pass online service. This is the latest in a rash of hacks and DDOS attacks that hit EVE Online, Codemasters, Bethesda, and Sony over the past couple weeks. The infamous LulzSec is not taking credit for this intrusion, however.

According to Sega, an investigation into the extent of this breach is ongoing[...]

Continue reading: Sega Hacked, Personal Data Compromised...

Tavares

Why does this keep happening? Really... I don't understand why hackers keep attacking Game companies. Are they trying to make a point? Are they trying to defend the best interests of gamers and consumers?
Seems to be me like they're only pissing off not only the different companies but also law enforcing agencies... Sooner or later they're going to jail. And I'll laugh at that moment....
But of course, I'm only rambling about this because the Sony attack really messed me up.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Everyone is getting hacked these days.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
They're all a bunch of dicks and this is getting ridiculous and out of hand, worse they're doing it just for the lulz, which is the sad part.

elite

Oldie moldie
Maybe they're in contract with an 'other' company who can benefit from these attacks? Those users who will shift from Sega, Sony, or any other company will of course find a better and secure online system. I see Microsoft unhindered by those hackers...

Dan

Contributor
Well Lulzsec have stated they aren't responsible for this one, but still, they're going all out until they get caught.

Admittedly the Tupac article they published after they took down PBS was pretty funny.