• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Should I buy a PS3

J

Junit

I thinking of buying a PS3 becuase I'm sick of my 360 breaking over and over , seriously , I didn't last a month .. I'm just wondering .. If I buy a NTSC-J PS3 can I play nstc-u and pal games on it and can I change the language ?

shadowforte

If I was you I would wait for some better games. Unless you like the games out right now, then by all means go ahead.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH jUNIT COME TO THE DARK SIDE..... wait a sec I mean the nice side with pretty games and oodles of fun. Well thats usually the case for people fed up with there 360 I'd love to see you come over play you online and stuff. Warhawk is amazing, Heavenly sword rocks my socks, Resistance is kinda bland on one player but is great online and the funnest game I've ever played with co-op so yea you could wait and hope for a price cut but I'd get one now as to incase homebrew is developed for lower firmware and because 60gb is way better then 80 or new 40 is I'm guessing as the newer they are usually the cheaper made they are. The 100 dollar price cut has to be made somewhere :). Good luck.

J

Junit

TBH I'll wait for a while , I'm in no rush . I plan on getting one this holiday / next year .. The choices for games seem pretty bland .. but the multiplayer and all the extra features are what cuaght my attention , free online play , dedicaited servers .. It's like sony is trying to bring what PC gamers have to the PS3 wich is free while xbox live you pay 4.99 for some nub to host a game on his crappy dial up

JKing

Banned
Imma xbox fan...but if u love your movies and want blue ray...ps3 is deal. :huh:

jalaldevil

PS3, go ahead and buy it in 2-3 weeks.

best time to buy it is in dedember, better games will be out and expect some bargins. and yeah ps3 is much better than the time it came out, now they have nearly every game 360 has, e.g need for speed, pro evo 2008, wwe 2008, gta but can't wait for devil may cry 4, metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy XIII.
with amzing offers now you get 5 free blu ray movies from sony if you buy a ps3. :)
ps3 will own 2008.

shadowthor

actually getting the ps3 during the holiday season might be a bad idea, as ppl know, during the holiday season parents tend to buy every living console and games out there for their kids. Its amazing how the game shelves are emptied during the holiday season.

R

R@ptor

Will there ever be again a version that plays Ps2 and Ps1 games.:confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Will there ever be again a version that plays Ps2 and Ps1 games.:confused1:

The 80GB PS3 is backwards compatible with PS2/PS1 games.