• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Skyrim glitch

B

Bizarre

I'm stuck in a glitch on the Elder's Knowledge quest, I read the scroll and my screen turns red and everything, then the guy that is supposed to attack the dragon just stays there and the dragon doesn't move. I tried everything, reload the checkpoint, play some other missions then go back to it nothing works anyone else have this?

eldiablov

Contributor
Skyrim has a glitch? This is astounding.

Don't expect a fix or any support of any kind. Keep buying Bethesda's games though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Don't expect a fix or any support of any kind. Keep buying Bethesda's games though.

Some real support or answer would've been nice!

As far as glitches go you may just be royally screwed if what you are describing is the case. Usually triggering other events and missions would fix a glitch like this. I'm not all to familiar with how Skyrim works (barely played it) but I believe Skyrim is a persistent game world which remembers your prior actions at particular locations in the game. There usually isn't anyway to reset this and persistent game world means persistent glitches...... Have you tried attacking the guy or the dragon (or atleast provoke in some way?)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit

for someone who is sporting the skyrim emblem, you seem pretty bitter about the game/company.

as for the problem, it's likly you are SOL on this one, unless Bethesda come's out with a patch for it.

B

Bizarre

Did some side quests and it fixed itself, pretty surprising but thanks for the responses.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i've had a few issues like this as well. most of the time completing a few other missions & miscellaneous missions allows the problem mission to proceed as it's supposed to. i think it has more to do with the mission structure than the position of items imo, but that's just based on my experience in playing the game (about 90 hours now).

if all else fails, i've read waiting for 30 days in-game will solve lots of issues. supposedly everything (door positions, dead body locations, minor enemies respawn, etc.) is reset after 30 days in-game, so if there is an issue with something like that it should be fixed after the wait, again from what i've read.

B

Bizarre

I did the Companions mission where you turn into a werewolf. I also did do a lot of traveling so maybe 30 days in game passed by and I didn't notice.