• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 Announced

eXo

M for Messenger
Sonic4.jpg

As it turns out, "Project Needlemouse" did turn out to be another Sonic the Hedgehog project, only the one we thought would materialize much sooner. Heading back to the basics, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One brings us back to the classic 2D gameplay with revamped 3D graphics. The game will be available this summer as a downloadable title via the PlayStation Store, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and WiiWare[...]

Continue reading: Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 Announced...

Joey

Interesting... Don't like the concept of an episodic Sonic game, but that's overridden by the prospect of a GOOD Sonic game.

Although, even though I'm probably the worlds biggest Sonic 2 fan, I feel like my love for that game has more to do with nostalgia, than the actual quality of the game.

If this game doesn't end up being all that great, then I think that has to be the case.

Riorio99

Judging by how good the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games were, this should be a return to form on the home consoles for Sonic. Sega have at last realised that a charater like Sonic just doesn't fit with 3D.

The episodic thing is the only part that worries me. How can a game with almost no plotbe episodic?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Fuck yeah! 'bout damn time, I say. I've been waiting for this for longer than I can remember. Please don't screw this up SEGA.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I really dislike the 3D graphics used in this game, they can't compare with the old sprites. Sonic just looks god awful slow right now.

If that isn't improved by its release, I won't be buying this game

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Can anybody really trust Sonic Team after a very long stint of shoddy releases?

Don't be blinded by the 2D graphics, and allow yourself to forget this is the same team that brought you the Werehog.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Can anybody really trust Sonic Team after a very long stint of shoddy releases?

Don't be blinded by the 2D graphics, and allow yourself to forget this is the same team that brought you the Werehog.

They also brought us a 2D sonic game on the DS, it was terrible. I say they sell the Sonic franchise or have someone else make it. IMO, sonic needs a remake of Sonic Adventure 1/2.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
They also brought us a 2D sonic game on the DS, it was terrible. I say they sell the Sonic franchise or have someone else make it. IMO, sonic needs a remake of Sonic Adventure 1/2.

Sonic Adventure 1/2 were the death of the saga. Please don't remake it.

Zx30

Beto
His running animation looks GOD AWFUL! The stage on the other hand looked beautiful. Fix the running animation please. Sonic is supposed to be fast so his feet looks like a f'ing TIRE. Now it just looks like he's walking. What the hell? :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Have you played Sonic Adventure 1 recently? It hasn't aged well at all. Last halfway decent one is probably Sonic Advance on GBA.

The running animation does look pretty awful but I think it's too early to judge simply based on this. Not to mention it isn't a great quality video, the one I saw on GS anyway.

Joey

Have you played Sonic Adventure 1 recently? It hasn't aged well at all. Last halfway decent one is probably Sonic Advance on GBA.

The running animation does look pretty awful but I think it's too early to judge simply based on this. Not to mention it isn't a great quality video, the one I saw on GS anyway.
No, it definitely hasn't aged well. Its still a good game to me though.