• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony: Banhammer To Strike PS3 Hack Users

Interestingly full of aids. Basically Sony feels that if you hack your console, you may never utilize the multiplayer of any game ever again

..therefore making my PS3 next to useless.

No thanks, not worth it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
This war between PS3 and hackers is getting pathetic and idiotic. Both have done stupid sh*t and have lost any sense of reason...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Whatever happened to running homebrew and firmware hacks at your own risk? When MS issues a ban warning and then bans modded consoles the users are like " oh well, it was fun while it lasted. We knew the risk of playing pirated games on a flashed DVD drive."

PS3 users and Sony fans call it a "war." It doesn't make much sense to me.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Whatever happened to running homebrew and firmware hacks at your own risk? When MS issues a ban warning and then bans modded consoles the users are like " oh well, it was fun while it lasted. We knew the risk of playing pirated games on a flashed DVD drive."

Took the workds right out of my mouth. Hackers on the PS3 feel entitled to the right of doing whatever the hell they want including banning random users from the PSN just to attack Sony.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Took the workds right out of my mouth. Hackers on the PS3 feel entitled to the right of doing whatever the hell they want including banning random users from the PSN just to attack Sony.

I call bullshit on this... haven't seen anyone release concrete info. A thread went up on PSX-Scene earlier but it was deleted.

As for spoofing a console ID it's probably possible but you would need another valid ID to do it as Sony validates by a whitelist.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I call bullshit on this... haven't seen anyone release concrete info. A thread went up on PSX-Scene earlier but it was deleted.

As for spoofing a console ID it's probably possible but you would need another valid ID to do it as Sony validates by a whitelist.

I dunno if it's bullshit or not. But if it is, I say it's pretty damn wrong of them (whoever is doing it).

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart

I dont know man, considering half of the "hacking" is playing legal games and using legit applications and being punished for it is a bit off the wall from the get go.

I understand theres a EULA in place and most people forget it but, EULA's tend to basically remove all power and rights from the End User and we all agree with it. Not to mention - that the EULA isnt even advertised on electronic products, you have to research and find the EULA before hand otherwise you agree blindly.

The whole topic is a bit heavier than just for the fun of hacking.

Someone make a console ID spoofer?

One exists, it allows a user with a banned console and psn account to go back online by using another console ID and PSN account.

However, the masqueraded PSN account would get banned and another Console ID and PSN account would be needed, they also have to be valid, existing IDs.

Downright malicious, so I'm not posting a link to the screencap of the PSX-SCENE thread.

Brad

Yoshimi
Got a email probably cause I jumped on PSN with that 3.41 payload that lasted a few days. Other then that I haven't really been on. Not a big lose for myself but still deciding how to go about this either update or keep backups dunno

Robby

Los Doyers!

Well one reason could be because xbox consoles are incredibly cheap to get and mod.

I can buy 2 used xbox consoles and mod them for the price of 1 used ps3.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran

This is one of the reasons why I'm not modding my ps3. (the other being I value my warranty) How dare Sony punish people for stealing their shit.

El Diablo

Just wondering, will you get an email if you get banned? Is it safe to assume that as long as you don't get an email saying you're banned you're good?

I stopped going online on my ps3 maybe 2 weeks before this happened and don't plan on going on again so I'm hoping I don't get anymore emails and I'm safe = \.

TeamOverload

Just wondering, will you get an email if you get banned? Is it safe to assume that as long as you don't get an email saying you're banned you're good?

I stopped going online on my ps3 maybe 2 weeks before this happened and don't plan on going on again so I'm hoping I don't get anymore emails and I'm safe = \.
From what I've heard only SCEE sounds out the emails.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Still haven't been banned and I'm not sure anyone has been able to test this yet, but: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/PS3-Unban-and-Anti-ban-Methods-for-Console-ID-and-Sign-In/

Their is a similar method for the xbox which I'm not sure was proven to work. You just null your console and profile ID's and in theory there is nothing to ban.

Also, apparently a program has come out that can unban your console and ban other ps3 consoles in the process, even legit ones own by someone else.