• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sony: FFXIII 360 Doesn't Concern Us, Impact Will Be Minimal

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
finalfantasyxiii.jpg

With Final Fantasy XIII coming to the Xbox 360, is Sony concerned that it lost a major exclusive? Nope. Speaking in a recent interview, SCEA senior vice president Peter Dille shared his thoughts on the announcement, comparing it to Grand Theft Auto IV. He believes that since FFXIII is now a cross-platform title, it will not move consoles in the same way that exclusive titles do, like Metal Gear Solid 4 for instance.[blockquote2]What you have with

Ranelar

<p>Sony doesn't care because it won't drive xbox360 sales? Sony lost out on SONY sales! Way to ignore the issue. It COULD have been another MGS4 month for Sony, but now it'll just be a GTA4 month. Losing this one game lost thousands of potential hardware purchases, which corresponds to a loss of millions of dollars in future software purchases.</p>

cyrus

<p>maybe if you watcvhed sony's e3 press conference you would know why sony has been doing that..as other systems are running of a 3-5 yr span, sony has dedicated themselves to a 10 yr span..come on xbox 360 has been out since when?2005? and now i hear their making another sys..lol</p>
<p>watch sony e3 press conference buddy and maybe you freak out :D</p>

o2byzst

<p>Yeah Cyrus, that may be the case but just because you hear pipe rumors of a new console from Microsoft doesn't give Sony any reason to cheer. The point of the article is that Sony is ignoring the real issue. They once had all these exclusives and everyone said that it was the console to beat. Now that's no longer the case. Sony does have some great 1st party titles but since we won't be seeing GOW3 or another GT until 2009 AT BEST...they better focus on securing some major third party exclusives. Right now, Microsoft is looking to have a really great fall 08.</p>

skparasite

<p>I don't quite understand this. Sure, I understand that it might be a GTA4 month, but...doesn't this still hurt sony?</p>
<p>The point of this was to be pushing the PS3 up higher wasn't it? Doesn't it hurt Sony more if people choose to not buy the PS3? It sounds like Sony is trying to cover up a big issue here.</p>
<p>As of right now isn't the only major thing keeping the PS3 up is MGS4? I don't really keep up with the PS3, so I'm not 100% update with it.</p>
<p>I mean..there are so many titles I want to get for the 360..but the only title that has caught my attention for PS3 was...FF13 and MGS4. But since FF13 is coming out for the 360 now..it's now just MGS4.</p>
<p>Sorry about the long post, I'm just confused that's all. XP</p>

o2byzst

<p>I have a friend who works for as a PR person and he even admits that FF XIII going to the 360 as well as was a huge blow. So while the company is saying "oh, it's no big", their actually concerned behind close doors. It's never good when a publisher with the potential and franchises Square Enix has goes to your competing platform too.</p>

Gwapingn8

<p>in a marketing prospective they might have something up their sleeve... BUT.... out it the open given the way the situation is.... this sudden loss of SquareSoft Exclusivity is a big blow for Sony... I myself am a big RPG player... I have played all Final Fantasy out there.. from NES, to SNES, to PS1 & PS2... and even the Gameboy... excluding DS... and for people who loves to play RPG... SQUARE ENIQ delivers the best there is... do you remeber.. games like.... Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Crono Trigger, and more for the SNES "this was all Square Eniq" Now how about... Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, FF Tactics, Crono Cross and more for the ps1... these too was Square Eniq.... now for PS2... of course the famous ones are the Final X & XII.... and don't forget games such as XENOSAGA trilogy, and even Kingdom of hearts..</p>
<p>see the point here... I myself have followed Square Eniq where it goes... I had an SNES... then I bought a PS1... and PS2 not XBOX at all..
and when I saw that PS3 was getting the FFXIII, i was like.. PS3 will be my next target..</p>
<p>but with SquareSoft now having no ties with either or company... I am considering perhaps going to X-BOX 360.. with even the price cut down to $299... it's looking pretty good.</p>
<p>now if only MSG4 gets a port over to X-BOX 360... then I'm sold...</p>
<p>this is quite a long writting... the point i'm trying to make here is Square Soft/Square Eniq is the best maker of RPG games out there... and with them having no alliance to a single console... well it pretty much indeed levels out the playing field in terms of console wars.</p>

skparasite

<p>I'd like to note Legend of Dragoon and Xenosaga weren't developed by Square-Enix. Well techincally you could say Square made Xenosaga since the creators of Xenogears made Xenosaga :p.</p>
<p>But I digress. lol You're pretty much spot on. This definitely made me want to by a 360. I mean, there are only a few good games for the PS3 while there are way more than a handful for the 360. (Sure you can argue the 360 has been out longer...) So I'm definitely getting a 360.</p>
<p>I, honestly, don't think one or two titles warrents a system buy no matter how much you want the game. Just live at a friends house while you play it. :p</p>

Gwapingn8

<p>I'd like to note Legend of Dragoon and Xenosaga weren't developed by Square-Enix. Well techincally you could say Square made Xenosaga since the creators of Xenogears made Xenosaga :p.</p>
<p>But I digress. lol You're pretty much spot on. This definitely made me want to by a 360. I mean, there are only a few good games for the PS3 while there are way more than a handful for the 360. (Sure you can argue the 360 has been out longer...) So I'm definitely getting a 360.</p>
<p>I, honestly, don't think one or two titles warrents a system buy no matter how much you want the game. Just live at a friends house while you play it. :p</p>

true... hahaha i overlooked that... but those were great games for an RPG game nonetheless..

now if I can find a friend who wants to buy a PS3, then I'll buy a 360