• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sony Finds Evidence Linking Hotz's PS3 To PSN Account

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
This is ridiculous, they're grasping at straws here. Anyway, why is having the trial in California so important, I thought the DMCA was a federal thing and would be the same throughout the country?
it is, but a judge on new jersey may have never ruled on a dmca case, but with a california judge it's much more likely. california is the technology headquarters of the u.s., so a judge there probably has more knowledge of trials concerning the dmca than a judge in new jersey. thats the only reason i can think of.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
it is, but a judge on new jersey may have never ruled on a dmca case, but with a california judge it's much more likely. california is the technology headquarters of the u.s., so a judge there probably has more knowledge of trials concerning the dmca than a judge in new jersey. thats the only reason i can think of.
i've got a feeling that's not the reason why sony is trying so hard to get the case to be held in California, it's more likly what XsavioR said imo

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i can see it both ways. have the trial in california to hack at geohot's funds and have a judge whose had experience with dmca cases and may be more likely to rule in their favor.