• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sony Online Entertainment Warns Of Stolen Credit Card Numbers, Direct Debit Records

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
soe-sony-online-entertainment.jpg

Further investigation into the external intrusion that brought down PSN a couple weeks ago has revealed that Sony Online Entertainment's operation may have suffered a similar fate. SOE released a statement today advising customers that personal details associated with all 24.6 million accounts may have been obtained in a cyber attack.

This includes:

Alex

Sony really have screwed up this time. This why they shouldve left linux where it was. I'd so laugh if this was Geohotz. But who knows
Sony got what was coming to them.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
FYI, this is was a completely seperate second attack that occured in April. (The article above didn't make this clear).
And to think this attack went unnoticed until Sony actually started to investigate from the previous (big) intrusion, I just can't help abut laugh at Sony for being such dumbasses.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, it's making them look seriously incompetent. You'd think after a whole week of investigating they would be able to determine the full extent of the intrusion.

I'm actually worried what might happen when they bring PSN back online, given that whoever hacked it knows the ins and outs of their system now. 2 weeks is hardly enough for them to have changed everything. I certainly won't be using my credit card on PSN anymore...

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
I certainly won't be using my credit card on PSN anymore...
same here. its psn cards for me from here on out. i also canceled the card i previously had linked with my psn account, which is causing all kinds of shit since its the first of the month :argh:

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Yeah. I don't think too many people will be using their CC anymore. Shame since psn cards are so inconvenient for me.

TeamOverload

january39

eXo Staff
I think i would prefer the use of PSN cards, but everywhere i look they are out of stock! Great.

january39

eXo Staff
January39, Try Game :)

I have only tried online so far, so i should try an actual branch of game first really. Surprised they had none online though.

Or buy pre-paid credit cards :D

That's a good idea, used to have a paypal one of those which was good for when i sold things on ebay, but they have stopped the service now as the RBS no longer supported it. Gutted.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I have only tried online so far, so i should try an actual branch of game first really. Surprised they had none online though.

That's a good idea, used to have a paypal one of those which was good for when i sold things on ebay, but they have stopped the service now as the RBS no longer supported it. Gutted.

Might not be the best PPCC out there but haven't had a good look yet.

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/prepaid-card/

There is a comparasion page over on moneysupermarket though for pre-paid credit cards.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaidcards/

sloppyloppy

Dudes, I just have to say that it was so easy to switch everything over to a new life after a simple call to all my financial organizations, government and even external use of my info. Took me three hours to situate everything but all is good.

Aside from that, y'all wonder if they hack medicade or companies that have active control over a body part that is controlled with a computer assisted firmware that can be accessed remotely. Could you imagine that you have a person with a heart defibrillator in their chests or some hand randomly slapping a womans ass with no interaction which could lead to other applications at that point. So yes it was a real mess that Sony was blasted but it is kind of funny though when a person gets caught with their pants down. Enough ranting, ttyl for now y'all.

_______________________________*_\/_*______________________________________*_\/_*_________________________________
Ain't that a bitch?

TeamOverload

Dudes, I just have to say that it was so easy to switch everything over to a new life after a simple call to all my financial organizations, government and even external use of my info. Took me three hours to situate everything but all is good.

Aside from that, y'all wonder if they hack medicade or companies that have active control over a body part that is controlled with a computer assisted firmware that can be accessed remotely. Could you imagine that you have a person with a heart defibrillator in their chests or some hand randomly slapping a womans ass with no interaction which could lead to other applications at that point. So yes it was a real mess that Sony was blasted but it is kind of funny though when a person gets caught with their pants down. Enough ranting, ttyl for now y'all.

_______________________________*_\/_*______________________________________*_\/_*_________________________________
Ain't that a bitch?

Best first post ever?

Dan

Contributor
@x3sphere: Seems like Sony are shifting the blame to Anonymous, stating after the attack, somebody left a file named 'Anonymous' and with in it 'We Are Legion'.

Source

TeamOverload

@x3sphere: Seems like Sony are shifting the blame to Anonymous, stating after the attack, somebody left a file named 'Anonymous' and with in it 'We Are Legion'.

Source

Sounds very doubtful. Either anonymous would have taken credit for it, or else, some wannabe just posted the file to take the attention towards Anon instead of himself. Who knows.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i said the same thing. i think whomever really pulled off the hack put it there just to point song towards anon. im interested to see how/if anon responds to this.