• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony: PSN Still Down, Experts Evaluating Security Measures

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psnetwork.jpg

Could the PSN outage slip into next week? We were hoping for a quick turnaround time when Sony issued a press release last week announcing that it'd be up by this week, but now that it's Friday with no firm ETA in sight, it looks like the situation might drag on. In a PS Blog update today, SCEA spokesperson Patrick Seybold notes that the company is still working with experts to "confirm the security of the network infrastructure," as well as the PS3 system software itself.

Seybold also reiterates that the company will not reactivate PSN services until it is 100 percent confident in the redesigned security system.

"As you

Hellcat

Contributor
oh now they want a 100% secure system.....
More they want us to make believe it is....

Also, I think they got their ass spanked pretty hard over this, so they really under some preasure to not make the same mistake twice.

Biggy204

Playstation, "it does everything" except keep information safe.
Id laugh if the PSN doesnt go back up till the end of june, watch 360 sales boom the nxt few weeks.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
hm.... it says it wont be "fully" online until the 31st. they had mentioned before that "partial" services, including online play, would be restored earlier. i wonder if that is still the case....

on the flip side, i like how they say they are "sticking to the plan", like it has always been the plan to keep it down until the 31st. this is the first ive heard of this "plan". thanks for letting us in on the details sony.