• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony Unveils Official Wireless Stereo Headset

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Sony unveiled yesterday it's latest addition to their lineup of official PlayStation 3 accessories, a wireless stereo headset. The new headset, pictured above, will retail for $99.99 this September and will feature 7.1 surround sound audio, a retractable microphone and an intuitive touch sensitive area for mute and volume controls.

PlayStation now joins the ranks of Astro, Razer, Turtle Beach and MadCatz in the very competitive market of gaming headsets[...]

Continue reading: Sony Unveils Official Wireless Stereo Headset...

Adiuvo

It looks nice, at least. If it's not compatible with a PC I doubt many people will buy it though.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Looks pretty fancy, but in my world headsets break way too much to buy something as nice and expensive as this looks.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Looks pretty fancy, but in my world headsets break way too much to buy something as nice and expensive as this looks.

A good headset goes a long way (cheap headsets break often). I also find that the main reason my headsets break or problems arise from them is because they are corded - I would really love a nice wireless headset myself

Adiuvo

A good headset goes a long way (cheap headsets break often). I also find that the main reason my headsets break or problems arise from them is because they are corded - I would really love a nice wireless headset myself

I have a pair of Plantronics 955s and they work quite well. Audio quality is decent, but for the price I doubt you'll find much better.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I've been meaning to buy a new wireless headset since my corded on broke. Destructoid got a response from Sony saying they do work on PC (and Mac) as well as having the bonus XMB features for PS3. It would be better if these were bluetooth, but I think I can live with another RF dongle.

Now I just need to wait for the reviews, and if they are decent I may spend some of my Gamestop credit to buy them.