• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Source: PSP Go! Coming This Fall, Packs Internal Flash, Nixes UMD Drive

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp4000.jpg

According to a 1UP report, Sony will debut a revised edition of PSP hardware at this year's E3 in June, dubbed the "PSP Go!" The moniker is presumably designed to fit alongside Sony's Go! brand of hardware and software additions, such as the Go! Cam and Go! View.

The site's source alleges that the PSP-4000, as it has been internally named until now, will pack a substantial amount of internal flash memory. While there is no word on exactly how much, either 8 or 16GB of space is being presumed. As previous rumors have strongly alluded to, as well as reports from industry vets in the know, this revision will also do away with the built-in UMD drive.

Considering we've already heard of retail-quality efforts like Patapon 2 and Fighter Fate/unlimited codes going digital, this is far from an outlandish prospect. It makes sense, especially since Sony is now putting a considerable amount of momentum behind the digital movement.

Also, sorry to dash hopes, but PSP Go! will not include a second analog stick if 1UP's report is to believed. If there is a chance of it happening, you're going to have to wait out for a true successor to the PSP. The hardware itself however is undergoing an aesthetic revamp -- apparently similar to the compact mock-up pictured above -- which depicts a top-front sliding screen with face buttons wedged firmly underneath.

Keep in mind this is still all unconfirmed, but if true, the new hardware should hit before the holiday season worldwide, possibly late October or early November here in the states. Again, an announcement is expected at E3 2009.

New PSP Named And Coming This Fall [1UP]

january39

eXo Staff
Hmmm lets wait and see. Looks and sounds cool but..........

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It is a concept image, yeah. Not the real thing.

booom

<p>The style is Good But when we think of quality we all know the sliding gadgets did not take that long, because of the flex cables that they have for connecting the main board and the screens.</p>
<p>But If the Rumor is right? the build in HDD drive Is cool.</p>
<p>anyway i like my Old psp's but im going to wait for hardware updates for this gadget.</p>
<p>I'm aiming high on psp :D i really like this gadget.</p>

Juliet

<p>Won't there be a memory slot? Why do they increase the flash memory space instead of giving away free memory cards? I think games will only be run from the internal flash, not from the sticks anymore to get rid of piracy. But this will limit the number of games they can sell. I dunno, maybe selling this amount will be enough.</p>
<p>Also, if they choose a model like the sliding one in the picture, then we have to lengthen our fingers.</p>
<p>Will it also have the GPS built in besides the camera?</p>

Justdie

I feel safe in my BOX
ok if that was the PSP 4000 or the PSP2 then god help my fingers. but thankfully that that is only a concept image and not the real thing.

and thanks for the update X_Sphere.

J

jx233

PSP Go! is its unofficial name? Like the name PSP Brite is for PSP-3000, then will PSP Go! be for PSP-4000? :confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It will be the official name if 1UP's source is to be believed. It makes sense considering Sony's Go! line of products for PSP.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
It will be the official name if 1UP's source is to be believed. It makes sense considering Sony's Go! line of products for PSP.

Ahhh, so when s0nY makes it multiregional, it will be PSP-GO!1 for America, PSP-GO!2 would be Australia/ New Zealend, etc?

january39

eXo Staff
Well in SCE eyes there are no regions when they make a psp, but essentially you are correct.

J

jx233

january39 said:
Well in SCE eyes there are no regions when they make a psp, but essentially you are correct.

Uhmmm. I thought the contrary. SCE seems to have seperate idstorages for different regions, the firmware itself is has some other features specfic to each region, and for some areas, the X and O button are swapped as the confirm button.

january39

eXo Staff
Uhmmm. I thought the contrary. SCE seems to have seperate idstorages for different regions, the firmware itself is has some other features specfic to each region, and for some areas, the X and O button are swapped as the confirm button.

Yes but they are modifications made by the FW, rather than the PSP. The PSP and PSP mobo do not differ from country to country.

With the exception of 1seg for JPN back on the phat.