• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Source: Sony Preps PSP2 Unveil for January 27

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pspma1.jpg

Looks like we may catch a glimpse of Sony's next-generation portable plans sooner rather than later. Trade sources have confirmed to UK site MCV that Sony is holding a press event in Tokyo on January 27, where the oft-rumored, <a href="http://exophase.com/17748/psp2-talk-emerges-at-gamescom-source-claims-rear-touch-sensitive-controls/">touch-panel touting</a> PSP2 will take center stage.

To date, various publishers have been given access to PSP2 dev hardware[...]

Continue reading: Source: Sony Preps PSP2 Unveil for January 26...

Riorio99

It has to pretty damn powerful and pretty inexpensive to beat out the 3DS. Sony really has their work cut out to challenge Nintendo. Still, I can't wait to see what they pull out of the bag.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont understand why this dident happen at CES

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I dont understand why this dident happen at CES

Gaming isn't a focus at CES, wouldn't give the same amount of exposure as a dedicated event allows.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This jives with what I heard about the PSP 2 Devkit units being "embargo'd until jan 20th"

elite

Oldie moldie
Time to sell my PSP-1k to save up money for this beast.

Bran

Yell
This has me excited. Maybe it'll be called the PlayStation Maya to compete with the Nintendo 3DS (Max).

Hellcat

Contributor
NICE :D Can't wait.

Hope they tell a release date.... gonna preorder a JP one, this time no waiting for the EU release for me xD

Adiuvo

I'm guessing they might beat the price point of the 3DS. At $250 though, that's not particularly hard.