• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Southern ice storm

angelsniper45

Well it's been 3 days since the initial ice fell, and without salt trucks or practically any means of getting rid of it, we've pretty much been stuck at home. I tried driving yesterday and drifted in my neighborhood so I'm not seeing any signs of this going away until it warms up. And for that, school has been closed since Tuesday and it's really fucking boring not being able to go anywhere. Anyone else here caught in this?

Pics will come later, I'm on my iPad :p

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ice isn't so bad up north (northeast) since we were able to clear most of it but our trees are still nice and frozen. Had to shovel out my friend's car though with my bare hands yesterday with snow pile up from multiple storms

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm glad I live in Southern California where we don't get stuff like that.

I would die if I was trapped in my house.

Deathrow

I'm in Northern Cali and still it's been nothing but sunny days :)

Adiuvo

I'm in Northern Cali and still it's been nothing but sunny days :)

Down here in the Bay Area we were pummeled with rain for the longest time. Now it's just fog. Despite me living in the valley my car is iced over due to it and I can't see more than 20 feet in front of me. It usually clears up by 7:00AM though.

angelsniper45

Well latest updates as of now. We're getting some fresh snow and it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon, it's only been 30 minutes and it's up to my ankles. Which isn't much but it's a ton for Texas.

Anybody got any good game recommendations I can try out this weekend?

Deathrow

Down here in the Bay Area we were pummeled with rain for the longest time. Now it's just fog. Despite me living in the valley my car is iced over due to it and I can't see more than 20 feet in front of me. It usually clears up by 7:00AM though.

Well I'm from the bay area, but I go to CSU Chico. Chico has been relatively nice. Nice to see we have some sort of Cali base forum.
Greetings from this area ;)

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
@angelsniper45: i feel your pain. i live about 140 miles northwest of dallas. we received somewhere between 3-6 inches of snow on tuesday, and basically the whole city has been shut down since then. its crazy how such a small amount of snow can shut down an entire state like this, but other than last year the last time i remember snow like this was maybe 10 or 12 years ago so i guess they dont think taking the proper precautions are necessary xD

here is a pic i took early tuesday morning:
DSCN4168.jpg

that is supposed to be my front yard, my truck, and the street behind it xD

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The entire month of January it snowed at least two times a week here. I might complain here and there, but since I don't drive it's not that bad for me. Plus I'd much prefer it over the alternative.

angelsniper45

@angelsniper45: i feel your pain. i live about 140 miles northwest of dallas. we received somewhere between 3-6 inches of snow on tuesday, and basically the whole city has been shut down since then. its crazy how such a small amount of snow can shut down an entire state like this, but other than last year the last time i remember snow like this was maybe 10 or 12 years ago so i guess they dont think taking the proper precautions are necessary xD

here is a pic i took early tuesday morning:
DSCN4168.jpg

that is supposed to be my front yard, my truck, and the street behind it xD

Yeah, we got 5-10 inches over in here in carrolton, I finally decided to get out of my house and go see my girl, but it took half an hour to drive about 10 miles. At least the sun is finally out and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually want to go back to school. A whole week with nothing to do killed me.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I completely understand the reasoning for schools and towns being closed, but I do find it hilarious. I would KILL for only 3-6 inches of snow. I'm just southwest of Buffalo, NY and I gotta tell you, I haven't seen the sun in weeks (with the exception of yesterday). We almost closed on Tuesday, but for some reason, we weren't hit with anything too hard. There's been freezing rain almost every night for the past week, but we're still good here. People are just used to it, you know? Although, the campus is trying to be economically friendly, so they aren't using salt or sand on the sidewalks, so it's all ice. That fucking blows. I've almost fallen (down cement steps) countless times, but I always catch myself. Winter is just a shit time of year, and it doesn't seem to be getting better for ANYONE this past week.
I'm moving to Texas. :p

angelsniper45

I completely understand the reasoning for schools and towns being closed, but I do find it hilarious. I would KILL for only 3-6 inches of snow. I'm just southwest of Buffalo, NY and I gotta tell you, I haven't seen the sun in weeks (with the exception of yesterday). We almost closed on Tuesday, but for some reason, we weren't hit with anything too hard. There's been freezing rain almost every night for the past week, but we're still good here. People are just used to it, you know? Although, the campus is trying to be economically friendly, so they aren't using salt or sand on the sidewalks, so it's all ice. That fucking blows. I've almost fallen (down cement steps) countless times, but I always catch myself. Winter is just a shit time of year, and it doesn't seem to be getting better for ANYONE this past week.
I'm moving to Texas. :p

Have fun with our 100+ degree summers :p

Spiros

Maiki
The entire month of January it snowed at least two times a week here. I might complain here and there, but since I don't drive it's not that bad for me. Plus I'd much prefer it over the alternative.

Yeah, I'm with you, enjoy the snow. Here in Montreal, we get snow storms for most of the winter, just this week we've had a couple of atleast 1-2 feet, but I guess the fact that we get it cleared out extremely quickly and it doesn't stop us from going to school or work makes it easier to deal with. Though, I also see that as a negative, as the last time I remember having time of school was when we had a real ice storm where there was so much ice that it actually took down trees and powerlines and we were without electricity for 2 weeks in the freezing cold.