• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Spoof System Software Version

J0EY

Cock for HEN!!
Hi again

I was wondering if theres a way to spoof the system software version display in XMB of a 3k running 5.03 MHU through ChickHen without flashing anything.

I googled and the only relevant thing i could find was Davee's Unlimited Character Version and Mac Address Spoofer v3. Is this what i am looking for and is this safe to use on the 3k?

I also noticed that there is a Change Version option inside the CFWE Eboot as well but when i select that option it asks me to confirm writing to flash so i am a lil hesitant in using that option.

Help!!

Thanks again

HacKmaN

#include
It is what you're looking for.
Just install Davee's spoofer like you would install any other plugin.
Then create a "spoofversion.txt" for spoofing the version and/or a "spoofmac.txt" for spoofing the mac address.
And yeah, it's totally safe.
EDIT: Don't use the CFWe built-in version changer, it'll change your version.txt in flash0!!!
And if you really only want to spoof the version, you don't need to use CFWe, you can hex edit the ChickHEN binary for spoofing the version. In this case you don't need to flash CFWe trash to your flash0 :D

HacKmaN

#include
If I were you, I would not use CFWe. This programm just flashes files and startes some lines of stolen code.
Just delete the MHU files and go back to ChickHEN :D