• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steve Jobs Reveals The Apple iPad

eXo

M for Messenger
steve.jpg

After years of speculation on Apple's new touch device, it has finally been revealed at their event in San Fransisco, earlier today. Steve Jobs announced it by walking all over the disadvantages of Netbooks. "We think we've got something that is better. And we call it the iPad" said Steve Jobs as a picture of what looked like a giant iPod Touch appeared on the screen.

Weighing in at 1.5 pounds, the iPad is half an inch thick with a 9.7 inch capacitive touchscreen IPS LCD display running a custom 1GHz Apple "A4" chip developed by the P.A[...]

Continue reading: Steve Jobs Reveals The Apple iPad...

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
a netbook is cheaper and holds more space.

and can do a lot more. and can even run OSX.

In scale, this would be like a PSP the size of that. It's just..pointless. You're so incredibly limited. If you're going to use something mobile, you can use an iTouch. If you want to use something small, you can use a netbook. I see no space for a very large mobile device that is incapable of doing anything but what the iPhone can do.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I had to laugh when they said on the news that they showed NFS on it as a game. I could just imagine how idiotic the guy must have looked while waving the thing left and right.

mysenritsu

Yeah...I have a lighter and more portable version of this...it's called the iTouch o_O The one thing I will give the iPad is that it can compete with the Kindle...but then again, one can always just read a real book like any normal person...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah...I have a lighter and more portable version of this...it's called the iTouch o_O The one thing I will give the iPad is that it can compete with the Kindle...but then again, one can always just read a real book like any normal person...

The kindle is great because you can have many books with your at once.

Dan

Contributor
I might have thought about it if it were OSX.

@ProfessorBurnt - He meant travelling wise, not reading all at once :p

Hellcat

Contributor
I can have zillions of books on my netbook as well.... but it costs less and can do waaay more.

That thing is just too restricted to be of any real use....

eldiablov

Contributor
I can have zillions of books on my netbook as well.... but it costs less and can do waaay more.

That thing is just too restricted to be of any real use....

The only thing I would have wanted it for is ebooks. A netbook is a terrible e-reader.

But there is no way in hell I'm buying this.

mysenritsu

I only ever read one book at a time....

I as well... I just think devices like that take the fun out of reading a book tbh. I sure wouldn't feel safe taking the iPad, or say, a Kindle (which aren't really that portable...) on the bus or some public place where I would either damage it or have it stolen...or confiscated if I had it at school. It's just more practical to read a real book.

Sypherin

I wont be buying one no multitasking is a big deal breaker for me, having no camera while alot of people complain about it to me its not such a big deal.

The worst thing however is the lack of USB without an adapter thats just discracefull I will wait for googles tab untill I even think about buying one.

REF:8 Things That Suck About the iPad - Gizmodo