• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sweet DS (Also need some help on R4)

Sullivan

So my lil bro just got the DSi like a month ago, and I bought his broken DS off him for like 30-40, not sure. But anyways, I am going to make it look like new and function.

I ordered this R4:
R4 DS Revolution

Got a great deal on it.

Then I ordered a DS Full Housing replacement, seeing as my lil bro droped his ds, and broke then right trigger area so its like cracked. So I am getting a new one, shown here:

Hard Red Housing Case for Nintendo DS Lite Replacement (Red) $17.24 - Free Shipping

Great price on it, and I also ordered a few other goodies for it, never had a DS, so its going to be cool.

Also, I ordered a 8GB Micro SD for the R4, but then I came thinking, after looking at the sizes of the games, that its over kill. How much should I really have?

Also, like, how does R4 work? Like does the DS not boot normally it starts from the little R4 cartridge, or does it like start up normally, and then you launch it?

Thanks guy.

eighty4

R4s stopped being made since like the end of 07. So the cart will be fake, and the firmware outdated, meaning most games from early 08+ wont work.

Sullivan

R4s stopped being made since like the end of 07. So the cart will be fake, and the firmware outdated, meaning most games from early 08+ wont work.

Shit? Really, ok, can you link me to a good one to buy? Sucks that I already ordered this but oh well.

Seth

MD Party Room
The r4 only support up to 2gb micro sd cards. however the new gta worked just fine on my old r4...

Sullivan

Omg, you have to be kidding me, so now I got to go buy another Micro Sd.

Damn. Are you 100% positive?

What type of ds thing should I get then, preferably something that is compatible with an 8gb card. I would rather buy a new cart then a new ms.

Riorio99

I recommend that you pick up an Acekard 2.1 (Around $8 from dealextreme) and stick with the 8gb micro SD card (They work with the Acekard).
Be very careful when replaacing the DS' Shell. I tried that, and my DS is currently sitting in a drawer, unable to boot because the fuse was blown.

Slasher

Suck It

Sullivan

Please and thank you?

Please and thank you...

Just got my R4 in the mail, and waiting on my other stuff.

Says its compatible with my memory card I got, I will try it out, if it doesn't work, I will go buy the one you guys recommend.

Riorio99

When you get it, you may want to install the AKAIO custom firmware on it. It doesn't improve compatibility or anything, but it does add some nice features.

Sullivan

Hmm, ok.

I am going to try to sell this R4 now, or maybe give it away.