• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

tagging my mp3 files

Acerthief

I have 60GB of music (wow I know)
and it's impossible for me to tag the correct details into the files one by one or album by album, etc.

Is there any programs for me to tag all the music automatically from the net? and my need-to-tag list a long and messy, not organized in any way whatsoever :p

Thanks in Advance

I use mediamonkey btw, but the fastest way is to tag album my album.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have 60GB of music (wow I know)
and it's impossible for me to tag the correct details into the files one by one or album by album, etc.

Is there any programs for me to tag all the music automatically from the net? and my need-to-tag list a long and messy, not organized in any way whatsoever :p

Thanks in Advance

I use mediamonkey btw, but the fastest way is to tag album my album.

I would give Foobar2000 a try. When installing make sure to mark the "FreeDB" plugin for installation. It's a tagging plugin that scans your music files and pulls info from the net automatically. Load the music you want to tag into a playlist then right click -> tagging -> get tags from FreeDB

Not sure how well it works but worth a shot.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

MP3tag is amazing. You can work with your whole library at the same time and use freedb for tag info.

Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.

It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.

Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.

Darkchild

The Doctor

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Trust Microsoft?! NEVER!

You would have to do those 60GB manually, he wants something to do it automatically.

Also this might help : http://www.digitaltrends.com/how-to/organize-your-mp3s-like-a-pro/

As far as I'm aware there is an option to automatically do it however I did it myself just to be sure of accuracy.

EDIT: Just tried it with a copy of an EP (copied the files to a new folder and messed with all the tags, like rororo and lololol) and was able to get the correct tag information using the freedb option. Works perfect.