• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tattoos

TeamOverload

I've been opposed to them for a while, but I've actually come up with an idea which seems rather neat to me, let me know what you all think: A serpent with a rusty needle through it since those are two of my biggest fears, with "Face Your" above it and "Fears" below. It'd be either on my upper right arm near the shoulder, or the lower inner right arm. Can't decide.

So post your thoughts, or post pictures and your own tattoos as well :)

Dan

Contributor
Tattoo's are sweet, I'm getting inked when I'm 18 and manage to put on some weight. I'll probably be getting a deathbat on my torso or higher back, because it's a fucking sweet logo and a fucking sweet band.

Either that, or some album art from the self titled album.
A7X_Deathbat_DRAW_by_LGhost.jpg

I'd probably have "R.I.P Jimmy Sullivan 1981 - 2009" under The Rev's head.

I'd prefer to have a lot of small tattoos than, for example, a huge one which runs all the way down an arm.

TeamOverload

Very cool, I always liked the look of the deathbat and A7X's other artwork based stuff. I agree, they are a kick-ass band, I haven't listened to them too much as of late though. I should change that.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I have maybe 11, more if you count cover-ups and changing (people change). Drawing up my right sleeve right now to be inked hopefully before the winter.

Riorio99

I only have the one, a cross with the top half covered with a pentagram (Pointing downwards), on my left shoulder. I'm always looking for new designs, and money to get them with.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I have "Expect Nothing" on my chest with a feather going along the top of it, looking to have some work done on it then i have some plans for future ones already :)

Bran

Yell
I think I'm going to get a sold black square just under my right collar bone between my chest and my shoulder.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I once got into a fight with a guy who had some Chinese lettering on both forearms. I asked him if his tattoo stood for "unoriginal tattoo idea" and he took a swing at me.

madsoul

If i would get a tattoo it would have to be simplistic and minimalistic. Something very simple that i will not regret later on in life. Personally i think its really weird with people who do tattoos like "FUCK YEAH A SCULL WITH A SNAKE IN THE EYE SOCKET FUCKING AWESOME!!!" across the back. Then when your 80 your like "WTF was i thinking?!". Sure, you CAN remove it but that costs alot right?

Slasher

Suck It
If i would get a tattoo it would have to be simplistic and minimalistic. Something very simple that i will not regret later on in life. Personally i think its really weird with people who do tattoos like "FUCK YEAH A SCULL WITH A SNAKE IN THE EYE SOCKET FUCKING AWESOME!!!" across the back. Then when your 80 your like "WTF was i thinking?!". Sure, you CAN remove it but that costs alot right?

I completely agree

If I'm going to get a tattoo (which I do intend to), it's got to be something I truly wouldn't regret in the future, something I know means a lot to me and won't change

Even if you do fuck up and want to get a tattoo removed, it not only costs a fortune, but your skin will more than likely get scarred up in the process of removing it. My aunt got a tattoo removed, and there's now a scarred up mark in place of where it used to be. It just doesn't seem worth getting a meaningless tattoo only to regret it and have it removed down the road

It's your body, and what some people need to realize is that getting a tattoo is a permanent mark on your body. A skull with snakes etc is just silly in my opinion. I personally would never get a tattoo just to make myself look 'cool' or anything like that. It would need to hold some sort of significant meaning. If I were to ever get a tattoo, I was thinking maybe something to do with Canada since I know I'd never regret something like that. I'm proud of my country and proud to be Canadian and that's something that I know is never going to change, I don't see myself regretting something like that down the road

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
(further expanding Slasher)

No matter how you slice it, when you are 80 you are going to probably regret your tattoos. Maybe when you are 60 or even 40 you will. Getting ink isnt for everyone. The idea is not to get something cool looking, but get something meaningful, that way, at the end of your life you can explain to yourself that it was still worth getting all of that work done because XXX has YYY meaning behind it, and that will never change - not because the unicorn riding a dragon in front of some mariachi was pretty badass looking.

People dont really understand the concept of ink too, which is another problem. They get work done to impress others, but its no different than art - and if you produce art that is to impress others, eventually you will always be disappointed from critics and yourself later down the road. Tattoos are for you and nobody else, thats also why I never ask for anyones opinion on the work I get done or plan to get done, and if I do I take it with a grain of salt and cite that their opinion is not my own, its not their body, its not their mind therefore nothing they say can truly be legit in a judgement of this situation...

I dont know, I have enough ink to know the in's and out's by now

Bran

Yell
That's why you just don't pussy out when you get old. If you are 80 and have a huge back tattoo, you should just wander around shirtless with guns and knives and swear as much as possible.

People will then say, instead of "what a stupid old guy who has dumb tattoos!" they will say "holy fuck that is one bad ass mother fucking grandpa!?" Where then you proceed to woo and fuck their mother.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
That's why you just don't pussy out when you get old. If you are 80 and have a huge back tattoo, you should just wander around shirtless with guns and knives and swear as much as possible.

People will then say, instead of "what a stupid old guy who has dumb tattoos!" they will say "holy fuck that is one bad ass mother fucking grandpa!?" Where then you proceed to woo and fuck their mother.

I actually agree to all of this...

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Most people always argue that you'll regret your tattoo when you get old, but is that really true?

Old people have to worry about things like dying at any given moment from old age, erectile dysfunction, and shitty diapers. The last thing you will care about when you get old is if that dragon tattoo looks good with with your spider veins and liver spots.

Adiuvo

Maybe it's due to my age, but I've never understood the appeal of a tattoo. There are other ways to remember something personal by; and if you're just going to get a tribal tattoo you're frankly an idiot. It's overdone.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Maybe it's due to my age, but I've never understood the appeal of a tattoo. There are other ways to remember something personal by; and if you're just going to get a tribal tattoo you're frankly an idiot. It's overdone.

Tell that to a Pacific Islander.

Tribal tattoos are extremely meaningful when you ARE ACTUALLY A PART OF A TRIBE. Otherwise youre probably just a Caucasian idiot...