• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP The best psp game ever!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I hate fighting games, there's only two levels of play: button bashing and super srs mode. Neither are very fun.

Best games were the 2 GTAs and Puzzle Quest, PQ was fucking intense.

Hell yeah, loved PQ.

As for favourite games...umm....

Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (yes I know it's a port)
MGS: Portable Ops
MGA
GTA:LCS (absolutely immense with custom soundtracks :D )
PQ
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Tony Hawks Underground 2 (yes, another port)
FF7: Crisis Core
Wipeout Pulse

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I found the controls on the GTAs kinda awkward...but that's just me. I hate that little nubby thing on the PSP.

Colm

GTA: VCS
MPO
Lumines
Burnout: Legends
Disgaea Afternoon Of Darkness (haven't played the new one)

I love GTA:VCS and LCS... wish my psp can play on the big screen, That would rock.

afteralter

S for Surreal
Final Fantasy tactics: war of the lions (also FFT: advance via GBA emulator)

I dunno, but WOTL was way different with Advance, or maybe it's just me.
I just don't like the screen turns around every character turn. Makes me dizzy. That's why I liked Jeanne D'arc more.

Frozty

Best Free-Roam: GTA:VCS,GTA:LCS
Best Fighting: Dissidia:Final Fantasy
Best Adventure Game: God Of War:Chains Of Olympus
Best online: Resistance:Retribution
Best Time Passing Game: Undead Knights
Best Music Game: Rock Band:Unplugged

All this games are IMO.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I dunno, but WOTL was way different with Advance, or maybe it's just me.
I just don't like the screen turns around every character turn. Makes me dizzy. That's why I liked Jeanne D'arc more.

I put both in because they are two totally different games.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
To the people saying Crisis Core is the best game for the PSP I have to disagree.

It WAS a fantastic game, very addicting, cool story and battle system. Loved it.

However, it was very linear. You did what you had to do and thats all you could do. ONly bounty missions where really added to give the game some gameplay depth, which was all well and good but "Find the enemy and kill it in this same map over and over and over again" gets old after about 2 times.

I would have enjoyed maybe just a little more free roam. Im not asking for the whole FF7 map, which would have packed the game into a console game because of all the towns and such but, maybe something a bit more. Transporting everywhere sucked too. I like to roam and travel, gives the game character and challenge.

Other than that the game was very well done. Story, Graphics (for the psp), Characters, etc. But not the best imo

afteralter

S for Surreal
I put both in because they are two totally different games.

Maybe I was expecting WOTL to be similar with Advance.. Well, yeah, they're different.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Going to chime in here. In regards to Crisis Core, it is severely overrated IMO. It's only main draw is the fact that it connects with the FF7 storyline. The button mashing driven battle system totally ruined the game for me. There was no strategy involved at all - just keep tapping X and you'd win. A terrible approach, especially considering bulk of the game is spent running into random encounters. I easily get bored with games that do not pose a challenge or are lacking in depth. Crisis Core was subpar on both fronts.

afteralter

S for Surreal
The only reason I've played CC is because of its story. That's the only thing that kept me mashing buttons for hours.

Colm

Anyway, this thread's given me some ideas to extend my list....

GTA: VCS
MPO
Lumines
Burnout: Legends
Disgaea Afternoon Of Darkness
WipEout Pulse
GoW: Chains of Olympus
R&C: Size Matters
Killzone Liberation
Resistance Retribution
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
Ridge Racer 2 (worth noting that it's very frustrating and not worth playing if you've played the orignal PSP ridge racer, as the first couple of stages and cars in it are taken directly from RR1)

Play ALL of these. These games are what pretty much made the PSP.
Now, to try and close this down to one game... It'd have to nearly be Burnout. It's awesome.

georgery

gow and resistance were good but were easy and got old quik