• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Return of My Chemical Romance. New Album: Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Trailer for the album featuring a clip of the song "Na Na Na":
[video=youtube;63lyA42Y6ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63lyA42Y6ug[/video]

Reminds me of some Japanese pop music. Not bad. Just need to hear more.

Dan

Contributor
Hm, not sure if I'm into it or not. Then again I always do this, then love it after a couple of listens.

I have to agree with you with the Japanese sense of it though xD

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I hated Welcome to the Black Parade from my first listen of the song. Listened to the album and fell in love.

Dan

Contributor
I felt the same with I Don't Love You, seemed like such a cheesy song, but after listening to the lyrics I realised it was well written.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Don't like it.
First listened to I Brought You My Bullets... way back in early 2004 after there was a review of a gig in London. Three Cheers... came out pretty soon after that and it was awesome.

Then "The Black Parade" came out. To be fair there were a few songs on it that I really liked like This is how I disappear and Famous last words but thought that most of it was naff.

Unfortunately from what I heard in that video, this album will be worse...

:(

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I dont like this. But this is just part of 1 song. I'll wait for the album to drop to decide.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm not one to diss a style change, but i'm pretty sure that sucked.

Same here. One of my favourite bands AFI went through a massive change in style over the years yet all of it is pretty dam good. This though...

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
[video=youtube;pKK3GzMbcFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKK3GzMbcFU[/video]

I've grown to like this. But I'm not letting myself get too excited. I've got anticipation for this to be a fun record.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
[video=youtube;pKK3GzMbcFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKK3GzMbcFU[/video]

I've grown to like this. But I'm not letting myself get too excited. I've got anticipation for this to be a fun record.

The full song sounds a hell of a lot better. Pity about the chorus backing vocals.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
The Na na na's are kind of overkill. They did record a version in Simlish for the next expansion pack for The Sims 3. Should be fun.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Album art:
MCR_album_COVER.jpg

I miss Gerard's artwork. But I'm pretty sure Frank did this one.

TeamOverload

Surprised this hasn't leaked yet. I know they have quite a few songs out, and they're alright, but nothing that's really special or making me really want to keep on listening over and over. Hoping there's a few hidden gems on the actual cd, but only time will tell.

january39

eXo Staff
It's okay, but then it ain't my bag really - easy enough to listen to though.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just downloaded it.

It's an OK album. Not as good as their old stuff, but it isn't bad.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Better than The Black Parade, worse than Three Cheers... or I Brought You My Bullets...

Really liking Sing, probably my favourite song off the album. Destroya and Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back are pretty good too but overall it's an alright album I guess.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
It's their worst album but not necessarily a bad one. I like The Kids From Yesterday, Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back, Vampire Money, and Zero Percent. The worst song would have to be Planetary (GO!), it just sounds out of place; like how teenagers sounded out of place on The Black Parade.