• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The War in Iraq

Slasher

Suck It
the race has nothing to do with it. if the chinese had attacked us, we'd be at war with china, if the russians had attacked us we'd be at war with russia, if canada had attacked us, we'd be at war with canada. it's that simple. and before you say something about us not helping africa, we send tons of food and medical supplies there ever year, but it's all siezed by the militants so it never reaches the people who need it. But the UN has decided to let this continue to happen and refuses to let us do anything about it, so the militants that rape and murder people are receiving all our food and medical supplies while their own people starve and are ravaged by disease. Our priorities are ass backwards? I think not.

I just seriously lolled
We already know we invaded due to faulty intelligence. Every intelligent person 14 and older knows that. It's like your a genius or something.

I too would like to know what the hell your point was then? You slipped up

Joey

We already know we invaded due to faulty intelligence. Every intelligent person 14 and older knows that. It's like your a genius or something.

Is that what they call it now? Faulty intelligence?

I always called it "lying"...

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
Is that what they call it now? Faulty intelligence?

I always called it "lying"...

It was stated from the beginning of the war that all the intelligence came from Britain. Britain has stated that they provided the intelligence. We know now that the intelligence was wrong. Not everything is a big government conspiracy you know.

Joey

It was stated from the beginning of the war that all the intelligence came from Britain. Britain has stated that they provided the intelligence. We know now that the intelligence was wrong. Not everything is a big government conspiracy you know.

I didn't say everything was... I just said that they fudged it to give them an excuse to fight a war we didn't need to fight.

Dubya took flimsy intel, and took advantage of a populous that was willing to listen to anything their president had to say.

It was irresponsible at best... It doesn't hurt that they continue to link Iraq to 9/11, and wont man up and admit their faults.

And don't confuse this with some hippie "war is bad" bullshit, I just think we should be focusing on Afghanistan... If you're fighting two wars, you're not going to win either.

Ciaran

Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd call it lying, after the British evidence was cast into doubt and even their own agents turned up evidence that he had no WMD's they still pushed on.

Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy.