• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudericious

take a bite out of the apple

I think that davee should do this the same way that they do through the iTunes store. Have developers pay $100 for a developer account. And then only allow homebrew to run on the hen that has been approved. Perhaps set up a little "homebrew store" and add that as a wifi application that would work just like apple's app store. Then davee could restrict applications or even specific mac id's on the fly. Simply push out automatic updates. I like this idea. It's sounding better and better. I mean the only issue is that you become responsible for all the content that you "approve". But, no worries, just only let things through like "hello world". Better safe then sorry you know.

SERIFAZ

WCP Dev
hey davee i heard that matiaz was working with the guys over at noobs website
to get the old grip shift hen from pspgen working is that true or was that just a bunch of lies.

january39

eXo Staff
Dear god, it will be ready when it is ready.

Fives

I think that davee should do this the same way that they do through the iTunes store. Have developers pay $100 for a developer account. And then only allow homebrew to run on the hen that has been approved. Perhaps set up a little "homebrew store" and add that as a wifi application that would work just like apple's app store. Then davee could restrict applications or even specific mac id's on the fly. Simply push out automatic updates. I like this idea. It's sounding better and better. I mean the only issue is that you become responsible for all the content that you "approve". But, no worries, just only let things through like "hello world". Better safe then sorry you know.

that's probably the worst idea i've ever heard, seriously. and i dont mean any offense to it.

MadeMan

Well thanks.I know its not custom firmware.i just wanted to know if executing codes through TIFF is dangerous or not.I hope your efforts davee someday convince SONY that they should add more to this highly potential device.Anyway Does someone know why they
dont like us to have something more on PSP???(more doesnt mean illegal stuff).Whats the miracle behinde that they dont want us to use the real potential of this device!!!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
@Davee:

If you can read this I'd like you to answer me a question that was made by someone yesterday:

If $ony rolls out a firmware update to block TIFF (and homebrew) and finds a way to "force" us to update to a higher firmeware by means of remote play and playstation store incompabilities, is there anything you/we can do about it?

xist

Don't update...at this point in the PSP's lifespan there are unlikely to be a glut of new games requiring an update. Additionally there will almost assuredly be some bright spark who wizards up some solution if if should prove necessary. However, it's impossible to predict future events, so the best advice is just to not worry about it until something actually is set in place.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm just basing the future on past events ;)

wololo

If $ony rolls out a firmware update to block TIFF (and homebrew) and finds a way to "force" us to update to a higher firmeware by means of remote play and playstation store incompabilities, is there anything you/we can do about it?
No. just don't upgrade if Homebrews are more important to you than firmware updates.

Bubbletune

@Davee:

If you can read this I'd like you to answer me a question that was made by someone yesterday:

Sure, load the firmware off the MS, or flash a hybrid firmare. But for now he's not focussing on that, just going to get this HEN up and running. Note that the HEN should be done by Tuesday, but if he feels it's necessary to do extra betatesting before the release (we want to release something stable), don't be disappointed.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
No. just don't upgrade if Homebrews are more important to you than firmware updates.

Thanks! Hey I just now remembered: wololo props for the Wagic! homebrew :D I used to play MTG a lot when I was younger and your homebrew really brought me back :) Thanks man

(i know this is off-topic but i need to say this to the man himself :p)

@bubbletune:

if you want a beta-tester I can gladly to it... I have over 2GB+ worth of collected PSP homebrew from the past 4 years..

imported_Venom

What's you're firmware anyway? Coz this exploit currently can only support OFW 5.00 - 5.03, nobody reported that it runs on 4.xx, I myself tested it on my recent 4.21 firmware but it doesn't work at all no matter how many times I've tried, so I've upgraded my firmware to 5.02.

I've upgareted to 5.02 OFW but still when i try to run exploit it just freezes then it shuts down.. :(

Temet

I had the same issue. Save all the data on your MS and format it via PSP... then, put only the h.bin and tiff file... and it worked for me (no need of additional images, etc).

EDIT : by the way, it's not the good topic for this ;)

imported_Venom

I had the same issue. Save all the data on your MS and format it via PSP... then, put only the h.bin and tiff file... and it worked for me (no need of additional images, etc).

EDIT : by the way, it's not the good topic for this ;)

KK I'll try, and I'll keep that in mind.. ;)

DaRKcLoUD-X

@Venom
Now just try placing images one by one into the PICTURE or PHOTO folder.
So place 1 image in, turn off psp, turn it back on, go to photo to see if exploit launches.

Then repeat. You are going to have to fool around with a different number of images as well as different file sizes until you get a combination of images that triggers the hello world message. The exploit works, its just up to you to figure out what works for your psp.

Status
Not open for further replies.