• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slasher

Suck It

EvilSeph

Administrator
All piracy debate related posts have been moved to the Piracy discussion in our Smart Talk forums.

Please take any further debate on piracy there, provided you can follow the Smart Talk rules. This is to keep this thread as small as possible with as much useful information as we can keep in it.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Do you know when it'll be released Davee? And wth the topic, will the HEN be placed in the GAME folder? Or the PHOTO folder?

Rabus

If the HEN is using the same exploit as Hello World - TIFF exploit - then in photo section.

After you run that you will be able to run hombrew eboots.

Wolfking77

Do you know when it'll be released Davee? And wth the topic, will the HEN be placed in the GAME folder? Or the PHOTO folder?

o thats what you ment before well im sure davee knows when it will be released... and i know when it will to ... it will be released when its ready :p.
but if the system they used on the demo vid is how it is in the real thing then i think it will still be in the photo section thoug hi may be wrong im just guessing here based on what i've seen

edit: awww rabus beat me to it ... sorta

thedicemaster

it will be placed in multiple locations.
certain:
1x a tiff image in one of the image folders
1x h.bin file in the root(or whatever davee wants to name it, tough currently it's h.bin)
and possibly some additional files for which only those with the beta know the location.

Wolfking77

Ahhh. Ok. Another question, will the eboots run slower than others?

ok this time ill be the 1st to answer x.x xD. ok if you mean will eboots go slower then isos then i dont think so if you mean will eboots go slower on hen then on cfw i also dont think they will go slower there either

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
K. And I hate making threads (Slasher), but its ok. Anyways. I'm off here so I dont end up making more random questions.

dcyli

First Post of this Thread said:
NOTE: Davee and crew have been hard at work on getting HEN for us however they have ran into quite a few problems and have been working diligently to solve them. We ask for your patience at this time, we do not have an estimate for the release date (Davee originally said "by Tuesday" but that was before the complications arose). We will update you on any progress we get notified of!

The first post will be updated with all the information you need, asap.

This might be a stupid question.

So when the HEN is available. I go to pictures folder and the HEN loads. Now inside the HEN environment, what if I would go to the pictures folder again, will it reload the HEN? If so, this means that my psp can no longer be used for viewing pictures?

wololo

So when the HEN is available. I go to pictures folder and the HEN loads. Now inside the HEN environment, what if I would go to the pictures folder again, will it reload the HEN? If so, this means that my psp can no longer be used for viewing pictures?
I think it's a good question. And I think it will likely crash your psp (and therefore you'd have to run the HEN again at next reboot).

I would suggest people to have the whole "exploit" pictures in a subfolder so that it doesn't trigger whenever you go to the "photos" in the XMB

NYGIANTS

Great question. No u will not be able to veiw if you leave it. which i recomend doing. but if u delete it u can see ur pics. luckley for me i got 3 mem cards a 2g, 1g, and a 236 mb. i saw this mem card in best buy and it 436 FPS. i was like OMG!! 75$$$ im getting it;)

irekski

just irekski
as you can see in the video... it was in a folder ms0:psp/photo/hen so it wont crash :)

It would be nice for the HEN to check if it has been already loaded and does nothing if it is.

The method I have that makes the TIFF exploit works all the time (at least for me) is putting it in a subfolder on its own so when I go to the pictures folder the expoit triggers automatically. So this "check" feature addition would be cool.

Also, I hope Davee has some trapping for the HEN so that homebrews can never write to flash0. I don't want to brick my one and only PSP ;)

wololo

The method I have that makes the TIFF exploit works all the time (at least for me) is putting it in a subfolder on its own so when I go to the pictures folder the expoit triggers automatically. So this "check" feature addition would be cool.
The Tiff crash has nothing to do with the HEN, so it would be difficult to prevent.
While the HEN could check if it's in RAM and not install once more, it would however be extremely difficult for the HEN to prevent the "standard" XMB behavior, which is showing thumbnails of the images when you go in the PHOTO folder.

Then I will have to find another method of triggering the TIFF efficiently.

My daughter really likes to put her pictures in the PSP so she could watch herself all day long its freaking me out!

Thanks for the enlightenment guys!

badnat

Wouldn't using a homebrew image viewer like PeP-Viewer circumvent the issue of not being able to look at your pictures?

That brings up another little nagging question I've had. I've been assuming that homebrew programs like PeP-Viewer and LightMP3 let you look for files wherever you want on the disk. So the new 'see-more-than-a-folder-deep' feature on the 5.50 firmware is really rather negligible when you have a homebrew enabled PSP. I'm not wrong am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.