• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Consumer Toshiba Readies Consumer Level Glasses Free TV Sets

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
toshiba3ed.jpg

As the old adage goes, there's always something better around the corner. Toshiba is planning to roll out glasses-free 3D sets to consumers. Three models of the yet-to-be-announced TV set will be unveiled before this Xmas, according to a Brietbart report.

Reportedly, the company has devised a system "that emits a number of rays of light with various angles from the screen so that viewers can see stereoscopic images without glasses."

There's no concrete word on when the lens-free sets will hit the market[...]

Continue reading: Toshiba Readies Consumer Level Glasses Free TV Sets...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I wasn't confused at all by it. I can see where it could get confusing though (doesn't have 3D in the title, and consumer level glass free is just a mouthful).

Maybe it could read: Toshiba Readies Glasses-Free TV sets for Consumers

Adiuvo

I noticed that too. They probably don't have too many of those TVs laying about. Least they still showed it, I would have expected most companies to hold it back and cite 'technical difficulties.'

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I should have added that's not an actual pic of the TV. I'd imagine it would look similar to current-gen models, though - possibly thinner.

cory1492

"Toshiba Readies Glasses-Free TV sets for Consumers"
So wait, you mean I won't have to wear my "I'm nearsighted" glasses anymore? :D
Yes, yes, I know they mean 3D... and in a way that still applies because afaik 3D tv that requires glasses would not exactly be convenient to view if one already has to wear glasses.