• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ubisoft Already Preparing for New Hardware

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ubisoft.jpg

Speaking in a recent interview with Gamasutra, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot went on record to state that the company has already taken the liberty of planning ahead for future console and handheld iterations. Guillemot acknowledges that maintaining a proactive outlook is essential to coping with this ever-changing landscape.[blockquote2][We need to get ready for the future generation of consoles. In the next few years, there will be new home and handheld consoles, and if you don't invest... you will not be able to cope with both [the existing and new generation consoles].[/blockquote2]This is just smart business: staying on your toes is smart, especially with the increased popularity of digital distribution for content delivery. However, at the moment Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have yet to lay out definitive plans regarding future hardware. It seems a given that we'll see something within the next five years, though.

Ubisoft's Guillemot: Prepare For New Hardware 'In The Next Few Years' [Gamasutra]

Sardu

<p>Gotta jump on those console launches! Even if the games are mediocre people will eat them up! WTG Ubisoft!</p>

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
Aren't these handheld consoles being released a bit too quickly?

i mean, its not like i mind the great hardware updates :) but it kinda takes a toll on your pocket money xD...

meybe they should have atleast a 3 year life span for handhelds?

i mean its hardly been a year since the release of the 3000?