• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Ubisoft: ZombiU 'Not Even Close' to Profitable, Sequel Plans Axed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Despite being one of the standout titles in Nintendo's Wii U lineup, ZombiU failed to reach profitability. That's according to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, who also shot down plans for a sequel in a GI.biz piece. Awhile back there was talk of a prototype that was supposedly in the works, but that's clearly off the table now.

Further, Guillemot says that the dismal retail performance of ZombiU pushed Ubisoft in moving Rayman Legends to multiple formats, a title that originally was destined for Wii U exclusivity.

It's unfortunate ZombiU didn't resonate well with the bulk of Wii U buyers, as we certainly loved the game.

Continue reading...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
this is going to be one of the title's i specifically plan to pick up when i get a wii U(probably when SSB4 comes out). This is sad to hear.

Biggy204

I believe its now only Capcom and Sega doing Nintendo Wii U exclusive 3rd party games. Oh well at least all those 3rd parties are at least doing 3DS exclusives i think.