• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Unofficial]GEN-A Fixed

HEN-A

Contributer
First off, I would like you all to know I am now an assistant Administrator on a new PSP devoted site that is to be complete soon!

The owner of the site is Dark Jack(PSP3k) who is an experienced programmer that has released a few apps for the PSP here and there.

Dark Jack has asked me to post this modified GEN that fixes bugs found in the original release and also adds a few new perks ;).

Fixed Bugs

ISO/CSO file deletion is now fixed

New Features
Can no longer Flash Files to Flash0(Error Screen Should Appear)

Now compatible with the Modified ChickHEN

Requirements

Any PSP with 5.03 Frimware

GEN Installation
1)If you already have the ChickHEN Installed simply create a new folder in Ms0:pSP/GAME/GEN(this is new folder).
2)Copy all the files except the folder titled "files" into the new folder you just created.
3)If you already have GEN installed,delete the old "files" folder and copy the new "files" folder from the package into the same location.
4)Launch your PSP and run the GEN Installer and run the installation(You only have to do this once).

HEN Installation

1)Copy the Slim tiff Folder(If a PSP Slim) or the PHAT Tiff Folder(If you have a phat psp) containing the ChickHEN folder to your picture menu
2)Copy the H.bin to the root of your memory stick
3)Launch your PSP and go to your Photo menu
4)if it worked you should see a green flash and the PSP should reboot.
5)Congrats you are now in HEN MODE!!

Credits

Davee for the creation of ChickHEN

GENyUS for the release of 5.03 GEN-A

Dark Jack for the modification made to the GEN

HEN-A(which is me ;))for taking the time to write this release note and contributions to the Modified GEN.

Note

Also if you find new bugs or other things the GEN is capable of that I forgot to mention,please let me now ;)

Dark Jack is also interested in Moderators for his new site and just fellow users.Visit this link for more info.Wanna Become A Moderator?

GEN-A Fixed
ChickHEN r2

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
who needs pspgens update now :p

give my kudos to dark jack

SONza

great work .. but i am gonna wait for pspgen release..

also you should make available the modified ChickHEN with it .. just to save the confusion for people...

HEN-A

Contributer
You cannot flash certain files to your Flash0 that will result in a brick for your PSP.

I will post the ChickHEN package in a minute.

HEN-A

Contributer
Dont thank me,thank Dark Jack ;).

HEN-A

Contributer
Yes, I know. So you mean this mod installs in flash0 like the original release but includes some extra security checks to avoid overwriting OFW files that would result in a brick.

Thanks.

Yes sorry for not being clear enough :).

HEN-A

Contributer
No this is an unofficial fix.I should have changed the thread name to Unofficial GEN-Fix.

I may be offline for a while so if you guys have questions please feel free to post them here and anyone who can answer them please help them out ;).

ant2340

When you say run the installation you mean have to reflash the files? If so can it be reflashed over the exisiting files?

SONza

guys..does it fixed the bug if i switch off my psp do i have to reinstall everything again?

HI
PLEASE READ THE NEXT LINE CAREFULLY

REINSTALLING EVERYTHING AGAIN EVERYTIME YOU RESTART YOUR PSP IS NOT A BUG..

its just how HEN loads..then GEN loads and then your games wil load.. its a procedure which will have to be follwed till pre-ipl is dumped..

no point in getting technical .. point is you will have to do it for the time being

SteveAu

HI
PLEASE READ THE NEXT LINE CAREFULLY

REINSTALLING EVERYTHING AGAIN EVERYTIME YOU RESTART YOUR PSP IS NOT A BUG..

its just how HEN loads..then GEN loads and then your games wil load.. its a procedure which will have to be follwed till pre-ipl is dumped..

no point in getting technical .. point is you will have to do it for the time being

Thanks for the advise...

Kairu43

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but if you already have GEN-A installed you only need to copy the new files folder over, correct?

badnat

Umm... this the recovery menu is still messed up, with Plugins being under CPU Speed, etc..

And... I don't know what to think of this:
4)Launch your PSP and run the GEN Installer and run the installation(You only have to do this once).
What does that mean? There was no special installation option or anything, just the regular 'press R or L to flash' thing. What do you mean by only "once" in this case? Because it sounds like there should be a special installation option like with CFE, but there isn't.

Kairu43

Ok, so we need to run the installer and flash the new files. I tested this fix and the recovery menu was not fixed and shortly afterwords I had an error while attempting to enter usb mode, and the text for connect a device was behind the xmb while I was moving around. I rebooted and reinstalled the original GEN-A

HEN-A

Contributer
Thanks for the heads up about the recovery mode bug.

I did not test this yet as I am to busy at the moment.I am only posting based on what I had to go by.